WHO RUNS A Toyota 1zz on Monsoon??

Billspec

Got a car dropped off in the shop for a link install/tune. All equipment provided by client including adaptor harness.

I'm looking for a base cal for this engine. My research shows jmp has done this successfully and am awaiting his response. Until then, just checking to see if any are successfully running the monsoon and the 1zz engine.

This application is completely stock.

I have long history with link/vipec and the Yamaha 1.8L @ 900hp using turbo and nitrous etc....

The monsoon seems capable, lets hope we can get somewhere!

Bill

I don't have any NA basemaps, you'll need to make one yourself based on however the adapter harness has been put together.  The monsoon base map would be a good start with the required changes for all the fueling configuration, triggers and dwell

Main thing to look out for is the trigger mode, you may find that you end up with a ~4000rpm limit/misfire using the 1zz trigger mode.  If this is the case then switch it to the 2NZ trigger mode and an offset of 145 should get you close.

The Toyota 1ZZ cam control mode for the vvti works fine, my trigger 2 offset is 51deg ATDC

I have a base map I could provide you for this engine. It was a tuned example with headwork and cams but stock compression ratio and injectors etc so should be a damn good starting point for you. Drop me a PM if you need it.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:49 AM, Tiz said:

I have a base map I could provide you for this engine. It was a tuned example with headwork and cams but stock compression ratio and injectors etc so should be a damn good starting point for you. Drop me a PM if you need it.

Hey Tiz, you still have that basemap? I'm trying to get my 1zz running to practice tuning for when I drop a 2zz in its place