G4 Link & Immobilisers?

Steven Bicknell

I have followed the set-up guide for MAP, triggers etc. There are no errors and the engine cranks. but doesn't catch. I've been reading about the Subaru immobiliser setup and it reportedly relies on three elements with matching codes to start the car: Key with chip, ignition barrel with immobiliser and ECU. If one of these does not match, the immobiliser cuts the fuel and power to the spark plugs, which leaves the engine cranking, but not firing.

Considering I have good fuel pressure, coils are new, as are the spark plugs I'm fairly confident the issue is somehow related to the immobiliser. There is no reference in any G4 Link instructions to working around an immobiliser which I guess means I'm over looking something simple. The only thought I have at the moment is to switch the WRX/STI jumpers on the board to see if that is the solution. In the manual it says that these may be reversed, depending on the country of origin.

Does anyone else have any experience with this issue?

Thanks

Steve

Its a bit hard to offer relevent help since you didnt mention what model car/ECU you have.

If it is a V5/6 then the STI/WRX jumper swaps the cam and crank signal - if you have this wrong then you will have erratic or no RPM displayed when cranking.

If it is a V7/9 then the ECU wont even power up/connect if you have the jumper wrong.

The immobilizer will have no effect on either. 

Hey Adam, here's my base map and log file. The thing that stands out to me is that my battery volt is reading 11.80. This is a brand new 12v  battery I bought from https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/lightweight-batteries/ody-pc680mjt-odyssey-lightweight-battery-w-metal-jacket-and-terminals others are using this unit successfully, but I wonder if it's not powerful enough for an initial start-up after a build?

Cheers

Steve

Dec26_SB.llg Steve_WRX_STI_V9_1000cc_ME.pclr

Update: the battery is reading 13V direct off a multi-meter, so I guess it reads less to the ECU?

I think you might want to try a jumper battery, I dont see too much else wrong but it is cranking fairly slow and the batt voltage drops to 9V during cranking so thats not going to make it easy to start when it is not tuned.

Also If you dont have an IAT sensor connected you should turn off AN Temp 3 for now so it isnt adding a big correction.