adjustable boost switch

AXA

Hello gents...  I try searching but no luck.. No much information on this...

what is the correct adjustable boost switch I need to purchase for a Link G4 extreme or Vipec I88... Currently upgrading my V88 to a Link G4 Extreame 

If some one can point me on the right direction or website...

thanks ..

Jose

Hi Jose,

If you are wanting two levels of boost you can use a regular on/off type (2 pin) switch. One pin of the switch will go to a digital input switch, the other to 'Gnd Out' or 'Sensor Ground' on the ECU. If you are wanting a fully variable type control you will need to wire a potentiometer up to +5V, sensor ground, and a spare analog volt channel. You will then set the AnVolt channel as an axis on the wastegate DC% table or the boost target table.

Are you upgrading your V88 to a G4+ Xtreme? As the G4 Xtreme is not an upgrade on the V88 ECU.

Hi Jose,

If you are wanting two levels of boost you can use a regular on/off type (2 pin) switch. One pin of the switch will go to a digital input switch, the other to 'Gnd Out' or 'Sensor Ground' on the ECU. If you are wanting a fully variable type control you will need to wire a potentiometer up to +5V, sensor ground, and a spare analog volt channel. You will then set the AnVolt channel as an axis on the wastegate DC% table or the boost target table.

Are you upgrading your V88 to a G4+ Xtreme? As the G4 Xtreme is not an upgrade on the V88 ECU.

Thank for tge reply.. 

I am upgrading to a G4+ Xtreme.. :)...I also have the choice to get a used test bench VIPEC I88 from one of your dealer in New Zealand at the same price of a Link G4+ Xtreme... 

The main thing for me to get the upgrade from the V88 to the newer ECU is the traction control feature... Hopefully I can take advantage of that feature on my small tire 590 whp rotary car on the street:)...

Jose

I think that will work, it looks like it has three wires. Once you have it set up on the ECU you may want to make some marks on the black housing so you know what you get when you turn the switch to a certain position, even if you marked it in %.

• 1 year later...

Just remember about tractioncontrol. The digital inputs can only read up to 500Hz. Depending on your absrings (if thats what you are using) you might need to get some device that cuts down the thootcount to get within this limit. Vems sells one. The thunder have a limit of 6000+Hz though..

I want to get one of these switches but there is so many 

50k ohm 10kohm 25k ohm which will work? 

Thanks

If you are talking about a potentiometer then go for a 5 or 10Kohm, also make sure it is linear and not logarithmic.

Having said that, depending you want to do with this you might be better going for a "multipoisiton rotary switch" so that you have some detents is known positions.

If you are talking about a potentiometer then go for a 5 or 10Kohm, also make sure it is linear and not logarithmic.

Having said that, depending you want to do with this you might be better going for a "multipoisiton rotary switch" so that you have some detents is known positions.

Hi mate

I want to use it for turning boost up to maximum down to minimum (gate pressure) 

Cheers

• 1 month later...

The centre pin is usually the "wiper" this pin goes to your analog input.  The other two can be wired either way but for convention sake I would do it like this:  If you hold the pot with the knob facing you and the terminals pointing down, connect 5V to the righthand pin and sensor ground to the lefthand.

The analog input I would set up to "GP Input", then you can use a cal table to scale that input into some numbers that make sense to you, for instance; 0-100% or 1-5, etc.