Volvo V70 Petrol 1998

roger62

Strange the 5 Cyl Petrol Turbo in Volvo is noe any project already, its a hugh of this on the market. I run with the original ECU together with Link so i think its impossible to get it too work. Probably we need to have the Electronic Throttle connected to the Link ECU. Anyone who have  idea how this should be done?

Strange the 5 Cyl Petrol Turbo in Volvo is noe any project already, its a hugh of this on the market. I run with the original ECU together with Link so i think its impossible to get it too work. Probably we need to have the Electronic Throttle connected to the Link ECU. Anyone who have  idea how this should be done?

I am running Volvo 4 cylinder white block engine with Vipec/Link ECU, so no issues to control 5 cylinder white block engine that is basically identical to 4 cyl version. Crank is 60-2 teeth, trigger on cam - so basic set up with that respect. Autobox control would be an issue since it has its own ecu and it needs certain info from stock engine ecu to run properly (torque reduction during shift, oil temperature control etc.). I think you can get this on the road, but do not know how the autobox would hold. I´ve hear guys been doing set ups like this, but autoboxes haven´t lasted for the reasons above.

I agree, there would be market for this car in Europe.  

Edited by Sutkale

Fully agree it will be a popular application but so would a WRX V11, EVO X, Mini R56 or Golf Mk5........ the list is very long of potential projects

I know there are a number of 5 cylinder Volvos running that dealers have worked on but we do not have the specifics on what they have done to achieve this.

I suspect Sutkale is on the money with it being a 60-2 with a cam sync.