Iat sensor

Stower93

Hi all.

Having an issue with my intake air temp sensor. Was sent the ntc12 sensor with my supralink g4 and im getting funny temp readings. My ect reads 27 degrees while the iat reads 16 degrees. Just wondering could the wrong sensor cause this? Or have i wired it the wrong way round. And yes i have the right sensor selected. Any ideas??

Would be best to confirm which sensor you are looking at on each input before you worry too much about the sensors themselves. Either use a wire trace to find out which one is which, or disconnect them one at a time and see which one loses their reading on the ECU. Make a note of it or label as you go. 

Our NTC12 sensor is designed for coolant temp so is not ideal for IAT (slow response) but it should still give accurate temp measurement when temperatures are stable.  

So which sensor do you think is reading more accurate?  What is the other ECT sensor that you are comparing to?  What calibration have you selected in PCLink for both?

Comparing it to the stock coolant sensor as it has never been replaced. What should the stock one be calibrated to??

At the moment the iat sensor is set to "delphi ac iat" when i set it to " link ntc12 and iatb-8" the temp drops to around 6 degrees.

Could it just possibly be that i have wired the sensor plug around the wrong way or does it not matter which way its wired???

The stock coolant sensor is typically set to Std Bosch NTC, The NTC12 would be set to Delphi AC ECT

As Adam notes this is not gong to be a suitable sensor for IAT readings as it is fully enclosed and very slow responding compaired to a IAT sensor with an exposed element.

What is the actual ambient temp at the time you are taking the readings as this should be what the IAT is reading on a cold engine and much the same for the ECT

• 2 years later...

Could it just possibly be that i have wired the sensor plug around the wrong way or does it not matter which way its wired???

Would like to know, can the IAT be wired incorrectly? Does the ground and signal have to go to the right pins on the iat?

3 hours ago, eRRfhang said:

Would like to know, can the IAT be wired incorrectly? Does the ground and signal have to go to the right pins on the iat?

A temp sensor is just a resistor (think of it as a piece of thin wire), it does not matter which way it is connected.