injector duty cycle %400 !!

stroker

hi

i have a problem with our engine at wot 4000 - 4100 rpm ... Suddenly cutoff with backfire ! ... when i check datalog i found something wrong with injector duty cycle jump to 400% and rpm to 24801 !

note:

- rpm limit set at 5500

- map limit OFF

also timing drop to 3 deg

I think your on the right track to answering your own question. If it had a trigger error than clearly that would cause some erratic issues with the RPM and Injector duty cycle. I'll have a look at the log and map when I get home. Any more information on engine / trigger setup ect?

Your trigger error counter only goes up during the 1/2 second or so where your RPM jumps to an unrealistic value. Its almost certain you have triggering problems at this time.

The trigger errors do not increase for the other 15 seconds of the log so its not that your trigger settings are incorrect, but more likely you have some sort of noise in the signal or maybe the crank sensor wired up backwards. A few of the toyota's run 36-2 reluctor triggers and if you have them wired backwards you get triggering issues just after 4000rpm, exactly like you are seeing here. Did you also have some kind of misfire about 3700rpm? your map signal moves by a couple points and the RPM looks to jump around by a couple hundred RPM as well.

As per Ducie's comment you need an oscilloscope to properly diagnose your trigger issue.  It could be arming threshold, incorrect polarity or noise, an oscilloscope will show which of those it is.  If you dont have one it will probably be best to go to a local auto electrician and get them to do a capture of the crank sensor signal for you.

5 hours ago, cj said:

Your trigger error counter only goes up during the 1/2 second or so where your RPM jumps to an unrealistic value. Its almost certain you have triggering problems at this time.

The trigger errors do not increase for the other 15 seconds of the log so its not that your trigger settings are incorrect, but more likely you have some sort of noise in the signal or maybe the crank sensor wired up backwards. A few of the toyota's run 36-2 reluctor triggers and if you have them wired backwards you get triggering issues just after 4000rpm, exactly like you are seeing here. Did you also have some kind of misfire about 3700rpm? your map signal moves by a couple points and the RPM looks to jump around by a couple hundred RPM as well.

yes it's toyota trigger .. no misfire 

note: when i use ecu customer ( that was tuned by another tuner .. there no problem at this point ( extremely rich ) )

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

As per Ducie's comment you need an oscilloscope to properly diagnose your trigger issue.  It could be arming threshold, incorrect polarity or noise, an oscilloscope will show which of those it is.  If you dont have one it will probably be best to go to a local auto electrician and get them to do a capture of the crank sensor signal for you.

i try to increase arming threshold but same things ! ... maybe should be decrease

0 = 0.5 / 1000 = 1 / 2000 = 1.5 / 3000 = 2 / 4000 = 2.5 / 5000 = 3 / 6000 = 3 / 7000 = 3

If you want something cheap that will do this one job then a basic single channel one will do fine.  I have had a play with one of these before and thought it was decent, Velleman PCSU01, USD$50: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272705051775

Or that one you linked to on Amazon looks ok, I just havent used one.

If you want something a bit more useful to keep in your cupboard for future diagnostics, then a 2 channel gives much more opportunity.  The Owon VDS1022 is about the best of the cheap ones that I have seen, about USD$80: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302320538379  

On 9/14/2018 at 9:42 AM, Adamw said:

If you want something cheap that will do this one job then a basic single channel one will do fine.  I have had a play with one of these before and thought it was decent, Velleman PCSU01, USD$50: https://www.ebay.com/itm/272705051775

Or that one you linked to on Amazon looks ok, I just havent used one.

If you want something a bit more useful to keep in your cupboard for future diagnostics, then a 2 channel gives much more opportunity.  The Owon VDS1022 is about the best of the cheap ones that I have seen, about USD$80: https://www.ebay.com/itm/302320538379  

ok i will buy Owon VDS1022

but if there specisfic tool you prefer plz mention it !