AIM MXS 1.2 Strada settings

Jo LeForce

Hi,

I can't seem to have a new plugin Evo8 G4+ to communicate with an AIM MXS 1.2 Strada dash! I connected both the CAN1- & CAN1+ wires to pins 2 & 3 on CAN1/RS232 on the main board. Can someone please list the steps need to configure this under CAN setup in PC-LINK & in the AIM RaceStudio?

For the dash set up it is relatively self-explanatory I think.  You want to choose the ECU stream in the Link category called "CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC" hopefully you will find your way to that based on my pic below.  After you have selected that make sure the little check box for enable 120ohm resistor is checked.  

2duwehl.png

On 1/22/2019 at 2:33 AM, Adamw said:

For the dash set up it is relatively self-explanatory I think.  You want to choose the ECU stream in the Link category called "CAN_BUS_BASE_LCC" hopefully you will find your way to that based on my pic below.  After you have selected that make sure the little check box for enable 120ohm resistor is checked.  

2duwehl.png

I see all those Custom CAN setups. Is there a way to add ethanol % to included?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Narvarr said:

I just picked up a used MXS Strada but it's not the 1.2 version. Is the setup still the same process or are there some differences between the 2 versions? I'll be using it with the Mini Link G4+.

Pretty much the same.

12 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

The MXS has a default CAN ID of 1000.

Out of interest... What if you have a CAN Lambda and MXS on the same CAN Module? Both have an ID of 1000.

The dash uses ID1000, the CAN lambda assigned to Lambda 1 uses ID950, lambda 2 uses ID951, etc

27 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

The MXS has a default CAN ID of 1000.

Out of interest... What if you have a CAN Lambda and MXS on the same CAN Module? Both have an ID of 1000.

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 1000 or 958.

1 minute ago, ClintBHP said:

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 950 or 958.

Yeah - just realised we have a spurious CAN Lambda which has(had) and ID of 1000, which genuinely threw me for a bit!

19 minutes ago, ClintBHP said:

The CAN Lambda has a default ID of 950, PCLink defaults to setting it up on 1000, but you can change that and it wont take effect until the next reboot of the Lambda, just dont use 1000 or 958.

The ID for the Link CAN lambda is hardcoded in the ECU firmware.  All you need to do is choose "Link CAN Lambda" from the mode drop down, you do not need to enter the correct ID and the ID is ignored.  This is done so you can have up to 8 lambda's all coming in on the same "channel", you dont need to assign a seperate channel/ID for each one.

21 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

Yeah - just realised we have a spurious CAN Lambda which has(had) and ID of 1000, which genuinely threw me for a bit!

I dont think so.  They can only be programmed for 950-958.  

• 1 year later...

Hi...

Im setting up my AIM dash MXP to show ethanol  content. I'm trying to download the above "Configurable Generic Stream" lcs file but its no longer available. Could you repost... or did another way to do it come out that I'm unaware of?

Also, my CAN setup on Link has Stream 1 and Stream 2 both with 1 frame (lambda 1 & cruise set rpm... respectively). So should I just got to stream 3   or delete the frames? 

Update the ecu firmware to 5.6.8 and ethanol content has been added to the transmit stream so you wont need to modify the ECU set up.  Aim havent yet updated the dash end to include ethanol content however, so you can import the CAN set up for the dash that I have attached below.  

To import this CAN protocol, click the "arrow+" icon at the top of the RS3 screen, then click import and choose this .xc1 file.  Then open your dash config, go to the ecu stream tab and click change ecu.  Choose the generic custom from the Link menu.  It will then pop up a screen about renaming channels, make sure the check box that says "try to keep original names" or whatever is unchecked, then choose ignore at the bottom.  Save your config and transmit to the dash.

LINK_Generic Custom_@20201027_025442_009492.xc1

On 10/27/2020 at 3:30 AM, Adamw said:

Update the ecu firmware to 5.6.8 and ethanol content has been added to the transmit stream so you wont need to modify the ECU set up.  Aim havent yet updated the dash end to include ethanol content however, so you can import the CAN set up for the dash that I have attached below.  

To import this CAN protocol, click the "arrow+" icon at the top of the RS3 screen, then click import and choose this .xc1 file.  Then open your dash config, go to the ecu stream tab and click change ecu.  Choose the generic custom from the Link menu.  It will then pop up a screen about renaming channels, make sure the check box that says "try to keep original names" or whatever is unchecked, then choose ignore at the bottom.  Save your config and transmit to the dash.

LINK_Generic Custom_@20201027_025442_009492.xc1 230.55 kB · 2 downloads

Worked like a charm. 

So for the other signals that I'd like to bring across... like oil temp and coolant pressure... maybe even crankcase press and thermocouple. Is there an easy way?

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2020 at 12:49 AM, Dew511 said:

Worked like a charm. 

So for the other signals that I'd like to bring across... like oil temp and coolant pressure... maybe even crankcase press and thermocouple. Is there an easy way?

Did you get all those inputs to go to the Dash via CAN?  And if I run clutch pressure as a AN input to the AIM dash can I sent the pressure via CAN to my Link Thunder and have it logged?