EJ257 2.6L Cosworth long block Ignition timing to high?

Volcom86

that transition from 1500rpm to 2000rpm in low load must feel weird on the road.  On E85 I'd be throwing it on the dyno to check what your torque is doing, hard to tell otherwise.  Any EGT logging?

I would say the timing doesnt look unusally high for 8.2CR with E85, but it also doesnt look tuned at all to me, it looks like someone has just made up the numbers.  Why have so many rows with exactly the same numbers on them?  You would be better to just delete them all.  Seems pretty odd to have the same timing at 207Kpa than you have at 138Kpa.   And as JMP says, that big step between 1500 & 2000 is gnarly.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

I would say the timing doesnt look unusally high for 8.2CR with E85, but it also doesnt look tuned at all to me, it looks like someone has just made up the numbers.  Why have so many rows with exactly the same numbers on them?  You would be better to just delete them all.  Seems pretty odd to have the same timing at 207Kpa than you have at 138Kpa.   And as JMP says, that big step between 1500 & 2000 is gnarly.

Thank for the reply guys,

If I was to change the timing table to the photo attached as a example and running it in MAP instead of MGP do I need to change anything else?

Adamw as you have said it definitely was not tuned properly I was not happy for the tune I paid for.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.thumb.JPG.bab1e26a33ffe0af1334a546e36bc253.JPG

2 hours ago, gtihk said:

What is the maximum boost you are planning to run? I would not use a table much bigger than it is needed.

I usually use MGP for fuel map and MAP for igntion.

Just a habit.

At this stage only low boost about 22-23psi max as it makes plenty of power with these Cosworth heads and being a stroker 

it is equivalent to 1.6 bar. It is not low boost, if it is pump fuel.

I can imagine that the power on this engine must be something.

I do not suppose you need to rev it high at all. May be around 6000 rpm tops?

On 3/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, gtihk said:

it is equivalent to 1.6 bar. It is not low boost, if it is pump fuel.

I can imagine that the power on this engine must be something.

I do not suppose you need to rev it high at all. May be around 6000 rpm tops?

the stock ej25 engines that I had tune, if they have bigger turbo than stock see power right until redline (around 7.000rpm). 

it should have planty of power with that engine and turbo combo.