Added security/theft prevention

M1tch

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had installed/configured any anti theft or additional security measures using the Link ecu, my car is a road going car so want to add a few additional layers of security. I am thinking perhaps about wiring in a toggle switch to one of the inputs and then hiding it somewhere under the dash so that for the fuel pump to prime (or maybe even to turn the ECU on) the toggle switch would need to be on.

Just wondering if anyone had configured anything?

A DI configured to antitheft will lock out triggers as well as cut fuel and ignition.  Obviously there will need to be a hidden switch somewhere and someone smart could still connect a laptop and turn off the antitheft DI but it will slow someone down at least.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

A DI configured to antitheft will lock out triggers as well as cut fuel and ignition.  Obviously there will need to be a hidden switch somewhere and someone smart could still connect a laptop and turn off the antitheft DI but it will slow someone down at least.

Thanks for that, I did see an anti theft setting for the CANBUS I think, didn't know about the DI option - there are so many options for DI on the list!

• 3 years later...
On 4/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Adamw said:

Hi guys, could you configure a momentary switch (hold on OR off) for a DI to toggle on off, or does it need to be a permanent toggle?

I like the idea of hiding something low profile like this: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B015X34IP6/?coliid=I3BY4YUUPM7IBY&colid=1JGOV4T7UWTO5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it