Honda D16 with link civic(95) plug in wont start. (Already done to COP)

Dinie Fedman

Hai, Greetings All, i am Dinie From Malaysia. I am new with link ecu.

I have a project, honda D16 engine. Recently, i install link civic(95) plugin to the car, do the COP setup.

I still use the original distributor as a trigger, do the ignition test and all my coil did the spark.

But the car still wont start. I really appreciate all the help.thank you

Have you done all the pre start process? Checking the injectors, trigger calibration, map sensor calibration and TPS calibration? 

If youve done all this i would check the trigger error counter? If you are not sure of this search trigger error in the PC link and it explains it all.

Not sure of the COP conversion but also i would make sure the ignition setup is correct - i had a honda where the previous owner had set the mode to falling instead of rising as the hondas ignitor polarity is opposite to traditional falling setups.  

Also, another common problem to look at;  With a distributor there are 4 different trigger offsets in the 720 deg cycle that will allow the engine to run.  So with a distributor your offset could be 180 or 360 degs "wrong" and it will still run.

With COP in direct spark configuration there is only one trigger offset that will allow the engine to run.  So check the base timing with a timing light, make sure it is firing near TDC.  If that looks ok then try adding or subtracting 360 deg from your current trigger offset.

@Kenian,since i am new with tuning, i will check again about the pre start process. And also, i will check the trigger error counter again.

I am using k20 COP, so it will be falling edge right?

@Adamw, so i need to set my trigger to distributor type right? 

I will check the base timing first.thank you