G4x wideband

Azza27

Have purchased a g4x extreme for an LS2 engine. Do i need a can lambda to run a wideband co2 sensor. From what i read and understand i do however other people are saying i dont. The ecu can run it without a can. Is this true

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

An Xtreme will need an external controller.  It can be a CAN bus type or an analog type.  Only the Fury and Thunder ECU's have wideband controllers built-in.

Ok thanks adamw. Does link still sell analog type contollers, due to the nature of installation the sensor will only be installed for tuning purposes and then removed. Also i was supplied a bosch LSU 4.2 sensor. Is this even compatible with the  link can lambda

The only option we have is the CAN lambda and that is supplied with a 4.9 sensor, it is not compatible with the LSU4.2.

There are plenty of 3rd party options around (both CAN and analog) if the Link one is out of budget.

Hey guys I hope I'm not hijacking the thread but, on this note of sending lambda signal over CAN bus, is this a possibility with the ATOM X too? 

I'm just in the midst of prioritizing inputs with a customer and if we could send lambda over the CAN that will free us up to use a spare analogue input for fuel pressure. 

Also, if this is the case, how many CAN inputs can it handle? 

Yes, even the old G4+ can have Lambda input via CAN.

As for how many inputs, there is not really a limitation, although you may run out of channels that you can assign to the inputs.  But as a rough guide at present you can assign 8 CAN lambdas, 8 generic CAN analog inputs, 8 CAN digital inputs, 8 CAN EGT inputs, then there are a few random dedicated channels such as steering position and antitheft etc.

• 2 weeks later...