Subaru WRX V4 fan just run constantly

Ming

Hi i've just installed the link G4x ecu and im having fan issue. Whenever the car turns on the fan turns on as well and it doesnt cut off it just constantly run even when i started the car.

Anyone can guide me here thanks.

6 hours ago, Rozsko said:

Things what I could think of are the active state or the temp config for the fans.

image.png.cf07a0e314f11b5e2db641fb432a1e4f.png

Hi thanks will test out this settings. Btw when i switch aux test to ON (PWM) what frequency do i need to set? the default given is 10hz

6 hours ago, dx4picco said:

you may try to put you Aux output active state to the other available state. namely if you have like in the base map (ign 3 low) then try high in aux ign 3 active state

hi ive tested this with high and the fan goes at low speed instead. I tried test aux to on (PWM) it stops the fan but im not sure what frequency needed to set for the fan. any idea?

thanks

29 minutes ago, Adamw said:

They are not PWM, you will damage something if you PMW it so dont.

It should only be the active state that you need to change.  Did you try changing the active state on both fan 3 & fan 1?

yes i did when i change the setup from low to high the fan still spins but at low speed.

Im not sure if you understood that comment correctly.  There are 2 fans in the car, one controlled by Ign 3(Fan 1), one controlled by ign 4 (fan 3).  In our WRX4 base map, Fan 1 active state is set to low, but fan 3 state is set to high.  One of these (or even both) may not be correct so you may need to experiment with both.

So you have these combinations to try:

Fan1 low, Fan 3 high (current setting).

Fan 1 low, Fan 3 low. (I suspect this may be the correct one)

Fan 1 high, Fan 3 low.

Fan 1 high, Fan 3 high.

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Im not sure if you understood that comment correctly.  There are 2 fans in the car, one controlled by Ign 3(Fan 1), one controlled by ign 4 (fan 3).  In our WRX4 base map, Fan 1 active state is set to low, but fan 3 state is set to high.  One of these (or even both) may not be correct so you may need to experiment with both.

So you have these combinations to try:

Fan1 low, Fan 3 high (current setting).

Fan 1 low, Fan 3 low. (I suspect this may be the correct one)

Fan 1 high, Fan 3 low.

Fan 1 high, Fan 3 high.

Thanks Adam will try this setup. 

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Actualy on my V4 (running g4+ but I assume it will be no idfferent here), IF only one of the two aux (fan 1 or fan 3) is on, then Both fan will spin at slow speed. if both aux are on then they will both spin fast.

2 hours ago, dx4picco said:

Actualy on my V4 (running g4+ but I assume it will be no idfferent here), IF only one of the two aux (fan 1 or fan 3) is on, then Both fan will spin at slow speed. if both aux are on then they will both spin fast.

Hi I think I've manage to sort this out. I've set both active state to high.