IACV delete

Gregconboy158

There is an idle ignition function but you will likely need to open the throttle stop a little too.

With the engine warmed up lock the ign timing to 5deg (open set base timing screen) then adjust the throttle stop so that the idle speed is sitting at about what you want with no loads running (fan etc).  This will get the throttle is a good place to allow good idle control from the idle ignition control function.  From there close the base timing screen, turn on idle ign control and set it up like below as a starting point.  Will need adjusting from there.

YGpHsFY.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:57 PM, Adamw said:

There is an idle ignition function but you will likely need to open the throttle stop a little too.

With the engine warmed up lock the ign timing to 5deg (open set base timing screen) then adjust the throttle stop so that the idle speed is sitting at about what you want with no loads running (fan etc).  This will get the throttle is a good place to allow good idle control from the idle ignition control function.  From there close the base timing screen, turn on idle ign control and set it up like below as a starting point.  Will need adjusting from there.

YGpHsFY.png

Hi Adam, only just got round to trying this, thanks for the post. I've just tried it and locked timing at 5deg as said, adjusted up to 800rpm, or there abouts, put timing back to 16degs and then turned on idle ignition again and it now seems to idle really low around 700 with the figures same as above and doesn't seem to correct itself. Any help please? 

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your idle ignition table looks nothing like the example I gave.  So fix that first.  Then do a log of it idling with it warmed up.

I will revert it back to what you put and try and do a log later, it wouldn't idle though that's why i kept bumping the table