Ecu real life difference!

boomtheroom

hey Guys

I currently have the gtr G4+ plugin ecu (hasnt been installed in the car yet) but am wondering if its worth while selling it and upgrading to the G4X plugin ecu? anyone had both and notice and real life differences?

I know there are technological differences but  are they like computer cpu differences ...ie you only can tell when the cpu is being pushed? or will it make the car more derivable around the street? or you wont tell until u put it the strip or a track?

Any opinions?

CHeers!

I tune near each week G4+ and G4X.

Yes, I really feel what LINK claims. The faster ECU and asynch injection leads to better throttle response. On the g4+ you allways see a lean spike during fast throttel opening. On the G4X you won't see that.

Idle stability is much better, too.

And Maths are such a great tool!

5 hours ago, boomtheroom said:

hey Guys

I currently have the gtr G4+ plugin ecu (hasnt been installed in the car yet) but am wondering if its worth while selling it and upgrading to the G4X plugin ecu? anyone had both and notice and real life differences?

I know there are technological differences but  are they like computer cpu differences ...ie you only can tell when the cpu is being pushed? or will it make the car more derivable around the street? or you wont tell until u put it the strip or a track?

Any opinions?

CHeers!

To be honest to the average end user you will notice little difference, the G4+ can still control the engine very well under all conditions.  If you are going to be paying a professional to tune it and are unlikely to be messing around with functions yourself then I dont see a significant advantage in upgrading.

On the other hand, if you are a "tinkerer" and interested in playing around with it yourself then you will probably enjoy the more regular updates and new features that the X will get as well as more flexible CAN, logging, Math and aux tables etc.

As Mapper says, one of the most noticable changes in the G4X is how much easier it is to get good idle behavior, you could still get good idle control in G4+, but it took more work.  Most of the core functions have seen small improvements in flexibility, more lockouts and ability to turn on extra tables etc.  Closed loop lambda, boost control and knock control are improved, there are new hardware additions such as 3 axis accelerometers onboard.  Functionality specific to the RB/GTR is the Nissan 360 opto trigger mode has been improved with better stability at high RPM and quicker sync for quicker start up.