Link 4 bar Map sensor error??

Kenian

Hey Guys,

I am having the below issue with my new link 4 bar map sensor install on my G4+ PNP for Honda (HC96). I have used the standard map sensor loom which worked perfecty fine on the stock map sensor and identified the +5v, Ground and signal wire using a multimeter and then just chopped and lengthened the loom and terminated the DTM pins for the link DTM plug. I have rechecked the wiring the ensure the wire orientation is correct and that im not getting power to the wrong pin or something dodgey in the wiring and everything seems right in that respect. I have changed the map sensor type from the standard honda type to "link 4 bar" in PClink. As you can see the MAP value is 285 kpa when the car is powered and if i unplug the map sensor that value of 285 gradually drops back to about 8kpa and sticks. When i try to perform the map sensor calibration function the below error shows immediatly - Can anyone shed some light on this ?? 

Any help much appreciated.

Kenian 
15600575_Maperrorshot.thumb.JPG.7c958435a1efa3a8f29bfc184cc378b8.JPG

I already answered your same question on the facebook page, so I will copy paste here:

Go across one tab to the Analog tab on the runtime values screen, check the voltage on AN Volt 3, it should be about 1.17V at atmosphere with a 4Bar sensor. If you have something different than that then you have a wiring problem.

7 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I already answered your same question on the facebook page, so I will copy paste here:

Go across one tab to the Analog tab on the runtime values screen, check the voltage on AN Volt 3, it should be about 1.17V at atmosphere with a 4Bar sensor. If you have something different than that then you have a wiring problem.

Great thanks for your prompt response Adam. It seems the MAP on these are setup on AN Volt 1 as AN Volt 3 is defaulted to the standard Narrowband Oxy sensor but yes you are correct its showing 3.42v at atmospheric for some strange reason? . I have had other issues with this loom as it has been hacked up by the previous owner and had issues like the IAT feed showing 12v instead of 5 etc. Ill run a new loom straight from the pins on the ecu side to rule out any dodgey wiring or i have the expansion loom so could even just use one of the free AN Volt channels on there. 

Thanks

Kenian 

• 1 year later...

was there any resolution to this problem? i am having a similarish issue with my PLM 4 bar map sensor on HC96+ . I am using the factory loom to connect to the map sensor . 

On link map sensor is on AN volt 1 channel . i have attached my senor config details below (senor type 4 bar)

image.png.e7025b18341fafe9aa0d80fdc137b2db.png

If i keep AnV1 error low = 0.05, and perform ecu map sensor caliberation . i get a reading of 100kpa which i presume is the error value that has been set. but then get AN volt 1 below error low value

If i keep ANv1 error low = 0 , and perform ecu map sensor caliberation . i get the cabliberation error

image.png.cf625de3a57dd2e9ac5f413e6133b493.png

Please advise how to resolve above issue or furthet tshoot it

It's very very common for those PLM map sensor's to come dead on arrival. I've seen somewhere they use a different calibration then those of what they are originally based on the omni 4bar.

i'll see if i can find the cal file and send it to you.

• 9 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:44 AM, aerace_fab said:

It's very very common for those PLM map sensor's to come dead on arrival. I've seen somewhere they use a different calibration then those of what they are originally based on the omni 4bar.

i'll see if i can find the cal file and send it to you.

Are you able to post details? I'm having the same issue with my PLM 4 bar now as well.

22 hours ago, gorto88 said:

I'm having the same issue with my PLM 4 bar now as well.

Do you mean your analog input is showing a dead short like the original poster (can only be failed sensor or incorrect wiring) or it is reading something realistic but not passing calibration?

On 1/22/2023 at 8:24 AM, Adamw said:

Do you mean your analog input is showing a dead short like the original poster (can only be failed sensor or incorrect wiring) or it is reading something realistic but not passing calibration?

Missed the reply sorry. Realistic values but out by 11kpa when using the generic 4 bar calibration. The only pre-selected drop downs that would calibrate were 5 bar tables. I couldn't find any calibration tables as all sales listings just say "select 4 bar drop-down". What I ended up doing was using a linear cal table and adjusting the values until it matched my OEM Honda map sensor readings at idle (29-30kpa) as well as matching BAP (101.5kpa) with engine off. I'm yet to drive it into boost since installing as I'm getting some other work done to the car and I'll obviously check it, but this should be okay?

image.png.a68e1e7ace5477586e06b6053f715aab.png

Surely the manufacturer of the sensor can supply proper calibration data?  If they cant then I would get rid of it and change to some other sensor that has data you can trust.  It is the most important sensor connected to the engine, all fuel and ignition control references it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just incase anyone else with a PLM 4 bar MAP sensor for Honda B series comes across this.. I contacted my dealer, who retrieved the data from PLM. It's not something they publish on their website or sales info which is a bit odd.

100kpa = 1.38V
400kpa = 4.95v