EJ207 engine wiring to 2000 GC8

Shane

Hi,

Chasing any information about this conversion of a ej207 with single avcs into a 2000 model GC8, I’m sure it’s been done many times just haven’t found the information I’ve been looking for.

Im running a Link G4+ pnp wrx v5-6 

If anyone has any wiring diagrams or information or a link to where I might find some that would be very helpful.

Thanks Shane

Yes it can be done but you need to add/change some wiring.  You will need 2 expansion looms.

The original V5/6 engine has just one cam sensor at the front connected to trigger 2.  The EJ207 still has a cam sensor at the front that connects to trigger 2, but also, two new cam sensors at the back for the AVCS.  So you need to run new wires to these back to the ECU.  Also, the two AVCS solenoids at the front will need switched +12V supply and two wires run back to the ecu. 

The Cam sensors at the back need to connect to DI1-4 which are already used for other functions.  So to free up DI1 & DI2, move the start signal wire from DI1 (pin B135-2) to DI 5 on the expansion connector, then connect the LH back cam sensor to DI1.  Move the power steering signal from DI2 (pin B135-1) to DI6 on the expansion loom, connect the RH back cam sensor to DI2. 

The AVCS solenoids need to connect to Aux 1-4 which are already used for other functions so these need shuffling too.  The suggested option is to move the fuel pump wire off Aux 1 and move it to ign 7 on the expansion connector, then connect the LH AVCS solenoid to Aux 1.  For the RH solenoid, move the AC clutch wire off Aux 3 to Ign 8 on the expansion connector, then connect the solenoid to Aux 3.  

If you are using the EJ207 idle valve that doesnt need any new wires but needs a different connector etc.

If you are using the EJ207 idle valve then that wiring will need changing a little too.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:51 PM, Shane said:

Yes I will be using the EJ207 idle valve is there much to change there?

The original stepper motor has 6 wires, 2 x 12V supplies (yellow I think), then 4 x aux outputs - Aux 5,6,7 & 8.

The new valve only has three wires - a 12V, a ground and an aux.  So the 12V and Aux are already there, for the ground you can just connect to the block or manifold.

You can use any aux for the idle valve.

10 hours ago, Shane said:

One other thing I have done the TGV delete can I use Some of those wires for the extra cam sensors and AVCS solenoids?

The V5/6 didnt have TGV so doesnt have any pins assigned to those functions.  Im not sure how you would use those wires for anything unless they are long enough to reach from your solenoids all the way back to the ecu plug.

Just wanted to use the shielded wires that are already run in the harness On the EJ207 and remove them from the two plugs where they terminate Put them in their own deutsch plug and run them through the guard to the ecu .

Just thought it would be easier than trying to fit more wires through the fire wall and that wiring in the guard leads straight to the ecu.

cheers Shane 

Hi,

You said (Move the power steering signal from DI2 (pin B135-1) to DI6 on the expansion loom, connect the RH back cam sensor to DI2.)

But DI6 isn’t on the expansion looms is there another one I can use?

cheers shane 

I suspect that is the MAP sensor?  Im not particularly knowledgeable on the Subaru's, but your original one is probably on the strut tower or firewall.  You can either keep your original one or move the wires from the original to the new one.