Tuning D16Y8

Cbrandenburg

Hi Everyone, This my D16Y8 tune so far, and a log, I still have some sensors to wire in, and a oil cooler, to hot for me, this is a daily driver Civic for me currently, planning on passing it down to one of my kids. I have just started finished installing boost solenoid, and just started working on pulling in timing and trim on acceleration. My goal is about 15-16 psi, currently my BAP is 12.3 or so, but I'm really from a place at sea level. So MGP is very important in my process. Any help would be great.

t24.pclx ECU_Internal_Datalog_2020_09_7_12.llgx

I've only had a brief look at your map, obviously the ecu log is no use.  A PC log might be a better option until we sort out your ecu logging issue..

A couple of things that leap out at me:

1. Your fuel pressure sensor calibration looks wrong.  
  2. Your lambda target for 130Kpa and above might be a bit on the lean side.
  3. IAT fuel trim should be turned off for modelled mode.
  4. You are going to need more than 240cc of injector for boost

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

I've only had a brief look at your map, obviously the ecu log is no use.  A PC log might be a better option until we sort out your ecu logging issue..

A couple of things that leap out at me:

1. Your fuel pressure sensor calibration looks wrong.  
  2. Your lambda target for 130Kpa and above might be a bit on the lean side.
  3. IAT fuel trim should be turned off for modelled mode.
  4. You are going to need more than 240cc of injector for boost

Fuel pressure Sensor.

ACDelco 13500745

It is supposed to be a 100psi sensor. I got the info from a post, I should have bought a Bosch, for I have the spec book for Bosch Product line, I have a live fuel gauge on the line, 

Sensor: ACDelco #13500745, 0-100psi

HPTuners PID Config. Volts/.0371 + (-13)

The threads in the sensor are parallel, but the correct pitch. Just run a 1/8 NPT tap in them until it bottoms out and you'll be able to thread in a pipe nipple.

Pin 1: Vout
Pin 2: Ground
Pin 3: +5vdc

lambda

Send me some knowledge, I have it set up by some guys specs, 

That table for lambda target was the default for your Honda image, I pushed the numbers down some, it might have taken some heat off the sensor as well. 

IAT good call. Missed that completely.

Injectors, I've got a set of 1000cc, to much, plus not enough info on them. I think I'm just gonna sux it up and buy some Bosch 440 or 750. 

Really on budget build. Not such deep pockets, if you have a good choice you like, fire away.

Thanks,

I really appreciate your help.

The HP Tuners formula for the fuel press sensor would give the following calibration - which at least looks closer to normal, so I suggest you use this:

xpSckIS.png 

For Lambda target table, export/import the one out of our Nissan GTR base map, that would be more like what you need for a boosted engine.

20 hours ago, Adamw said:

The HP Tuners formula for the fuel press sensor would give the following calibration - which at least looks closer to normal, so I suggest you use this:

xpSckIS.png 

For Lambda target table, export/import the one out of our Nissan GTR base map, that would be more like what you need for a boosted engine.

Thanks,

I did a check with at 300 and 450 kpa.

Mechanical Guage and Voltage all lined up, I would show you a picture, but can't upload a file. 

• Max total size: 307.95 kB

The AFR GTR Map is updated to my image. Thanks Crash Coursing.

I really appreciate everything you and your team are doing, really keeps the depression away.