Bosch 2 wire ISCV

ozyvr4

So I have decided to ditch my idle stepper motor in my 4g63. I've bought a Bosch 2 wire idle solenoid. Im going to setup on AUX 5 and set to Idle solenoid.  

Has anyone used 1 of these as solenoids? 

I have reading some post and saw people mentioning diode for protection from back feeding. Is this needed on the Link G4+ PnP Ecu. VR4Link. 

Also any idea on frequency to use with this solenoid. 

I suspect the solenoid is normal closed and opens from output activation, so when car is off idle it should seal closed, just making sure I don't need anything else for the fit. 

Any advice would be helpful. 

Thanks.  

6 hours ago, ozyvr4 said:

I suspect the solenoid is normal closed and opens from output activation, so when car is off idle it should seal closed, just making sure I don't need anything else for the fit. 

No, it will be open some percentage all the time depending on base position table etc, you always need to connect both sides of the valve in a turbo application.

The only change I would suggest from the info below is set the min clamp to 20%.

DUZ6Hki.png

You mean 1 side of the solenoid to the intake manifold and the other to the turbo intake pipe or cool side intercooler pipe? 

make an adaptor to run into old isc stepper location on the throttle body and the other side to the intercooler pipe before throttle body  

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Adamw said:

No, it will be open some percentage all the time depending on base position table etc, you always need to connect both sides of the valve in a turbo application.

The only change I would suggest from the info below is set the min clamp to 20%.

DUZ6Hki.png

So I have it all running.  It works a treat. Its never idle so well. I am having an issue with the interfacec with the speed signal tho. When I come to stop,  it hunts badly . Even if I put into neutral while coming to a stop it hunts and once carnstop it take a few seconds to stabilise , but sometimes it just keep hunting. 

I noticed in above instructions, it mention that the speed signal needs to be feed into DI 1. I have wired to DI 3 . Will the input used actually make a difference. I will post a log tomorrow.  What sort of data would you need on log to analyse for me please?

The speed lockout is working fine in your log "speed.llg".  

But what is the question?  Was there any hunting in these logs - because I dont really see it?  It looks like there is a little dip when entering idle which is probably settings related but nothing I would call hunting.  

You also need to attach your map.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Adamw said:

DUZ6Hki.png

In that log id did not act like it normally does. I did yesterday change the speed sensor to a genuine sensor from the cheap version I had. I noticed today the signal is much smoother. It def has been better with new sensor. Ill do another log with more data to try and catch the problem. I will post my map tonight. 

A map taken today.

sd.pclr

Is the idle valve actually working?  It doesnt really change position during the warm-up which suggests it may not be.

In any case it looks like your main problem is you have the over-run fuel cut deactivation set very close to your normal idle speed so the RPM does the big just when ORFC turns off and on.  

Map attached below I have raised the fuel cut deactivation and updated the idle base position to something closer to what the CL is doing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPu3nsbixZnUpPtzwZ?e=8BFMum