No connection

Marco ho

Hi..marco here, 

I've a problem, PCLink can't connect to the ECU. It is a Link monsoonx ecu. My ecu have the on key and the ecu have the blue colour light when i on the key. I try to change the port also cannot connect. And i download the new version for g4x also cannot connect.. Please help.. 

I moved your post into its own topic as it was unlikely related to the topic you were posting in.

Can you give some more details;

Have you ever been able to connect or is it the first time you have tried?

What error message do you get?

Does your ECU show up in the comports section in windows device manager similar to my picture below?

u1gUaQV.png

• 2 months later...

I think it would be best to try and get link support to remotely log into your computer and check your installation of the software as well as settings for the drivers.  You've installed the latest version of PC Link for the G4x, correct?  Any error messages during installation?

Have you tried anything like this: https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/No-Ports-listed-in-Device-Manager/td-p/3777524

It seems weird there are no ports showing in the device manager.

What shows up under other devices on your device manager list?

I guess it is not just about the 'Ports (COM & LPT)' not showing in Device Manager... I also don't get any device plug-in notification sound whenever I connect the USB cable from the ECU. So having to manually add the COM port does not help either.

The option to enable/disable 'Ports' is no longer available in UEFI only BIOS.

*Hidden devices shown on screenshot.

Show Hidden Devices.jpg

Perhaps doing the opposite of what this article recommends would help?

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-stop-windows-from-detecting-new-hardware

Your uknown usb device is likely the usb-serial com port emulator for the Link ecu, though.  Does that change when you plug in or unplug the Link ecu and scan for hardware changes?

The Link G4x doesn't like the latest version of windows either........ended up using an old laptop to connect to the ECU.
I've commented on another post as it seems as it's after the latest software release.......Not had any luck connecting to the new laptop yet, but waiting to see what's happening with the ECU fix first so hopefully this will be sorted pretty soon for a PNP system.

14 hours ago, koracing said:

Perhaps doing the opposite of what this article recommends would help?

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-stop-windows-from-detecting-new-hardware

Your uknown usb device is likely the usb-serial com port emulator for the Link ecu, though.  Does that change when you plug in or unplug the Link ecu and scan for hardware changes?

The status of the 'unknown USB device' does not change whenever I plug in/out the USB from the ECU...
I've also have tried the procedure on the article you have provided on the link, and it didn't help either. :(

• 8 months later...

To follow up on this one.

I was able to make my newer laptop connect to the ECU --- using a USB hub - either one on the picture below works (USB-C to USB-A hub or USB-A to USB-A hub).
I'm just puzzled why the ECU is not getting detected when directly connected to the laptop's USB port.

IMG_20210730_171723.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The car I had the most difficulty maintaining any type of connection with the engine running on the G4x also had some non-resistor plugs in it as it turned out.  Putting in resistor plugs dramatically improved the ability to maintain connection.