Surface view constantly resets

Brad Burnett

This is the second instance of this happening to me:

When trying to edit Ignition table 2 in surface view, every single change i try to make resets the surface view to some inconvenient view.

This is in modelled multi fuel equation with both fuel and ignition having 2 tables that interpolate between the 2.

Any pointers on how to remedy this?

Update, Im finding more and more 3d tables that constantly reset the surface view after even the smallest edit.

• Brad Burnett changed the title to Surface view constantly resets

Hi Brad,

Thanks, I had already reported this as a bug a couple of months ago but in my testing I had only noticed it on some of the less commonly used tables and I stated the fuel and ign were working correctly so it possibly didnt get the attention it deserved.  I see it is planned to be fixed for the next release.  I will update the task so that we look at fuel and ign as well. 

I just gave it a quick try but cant reproduce the problem with the ignition table.  Sometimes I see a very small amount of movement but cant get it to do anything too weird.  If you find any steps that make it obvious please let me know.  But Im hopeful the more obvious problem tables will give them the clues they need anyhow. 

Ignition table 1 doesnt give me any issues.  But Ignition 2 is the primary one that started to irritate me.  This is while configd as dual ign tables that interpolate between.  Fuel tables configd the same does not produce the same results.  

Other tables that do the same, just quickly looking through: GP PWM 1 DC, lambda target table 2 

I think its pretty much that if you initially open a 3d surface view and the view is all wild and underneath, it will reset every edit.

• 2 months later...