Basic fuel main questions

VegasAWD

Sorry for the simple questions...

1) I'm running e85 and setting up Vr4+ Link for the first time. I'm not sure what I should be picking for the Fuel Density value.

2) I'm not understanding the strategy to dial in the car at idle. The master fuel number makes sense to me but I'll be doing the modelled mode. Do you make idle afr changes solely on the fuel table? Also, because the Vr4+ only comes with the traditional fuel table, how does one get their hands on a modelled table or this that not possible? Thanks for any help.

You fill in the modeled fuel table numbers yourself, there are many variables to each engines VE that would not make sense for a one size fits all approach, you have a few idle tables that you can use to make idle afr changes as well as cold start settings, but the main fuel table is where most changes in fuel in general are made.

Another method is to datalog your traditional fuel tune and see what pulse width your are commanding at warm idle.  Then change to modelled and increase the fuel table values by 50% and see if it runs - and if it runs, see if your new pulse width matches at idle what it did on traditional.  Adjust as necessary until your VE values are giving similar PW.  If the VE values are reasonable (40-70ish) it’s probably got the correct values in the model (engine displacement, injector size and flow, fuel characteristics, dead times, etc.)

18 hours ago, koracing said:

Another method is to datalog your traditional fuel tune and see what pulse width your are commanding at warm idle.  Then change to modelled and increase the fuel table values by 50% and see if it runs - and if it runs, see if your want pulse width matches ar idle what it did on traditional.  Adjust as necessary until your VE values are giving similar PW.  If the VE values are reasonable (40-70ish) it’s probably got the correct values in the model (engine displacement, injector size and flow, fuel characteristics, dead times, etc.)

Good ideas. I'll try that. Thanks.