4age 16v base map

nick99

Thanks mate! I’m not getting any engine speed when the engine is cranking. I have the 24tooth wheel hooked to trig 1 and 1 tooth wheel to trigger 2 and the ground for these into shield ground. Does this sound right? 

EDIT; i have everything working now just trying to get it to fire, thanks mate

Edited by nick99

On 12/16/2020 at 1:32 AM, nick99 said:

Screenshot (2).png

Those look like hall effect square wave signals, not reluctor signals (AC).  Are you sure that's an unmodified distributor you have in there?  Reluctor signals rely on seeing a falling signal that drops below zero volts (to negative voltage).  Your signals never go below 0.   I would change your triggers to hall effect and see what that does for you.

1 hour ago, koracing said:

Those look like hall effect square wave signals,

The early G4X Atoms and monsoons only had a basic trigger scope that captures the signal after its been through the vr conditioning, so in this case the scope shows the expected pattern.  

@nick99 do you still have a problem?  Your note above that says “everything is working now” I assume means you have rpm now?

2 hours ago, nick99 said:

Yeah it reads engine RPM now. I have still not managed to get it it fire though. 

If you connected the G1 instead of G2 for Trig 2, you'd need to have 360° Trigger Offset (+/- to what the timing light says for your set base timing calibration).