Base Startup / enrichments

balletryne

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to look into my Map. 

It has had 2 maps earlier, one map is Flexfuel, and the other map is straight ethanol. 

The startup got compromised for some reason, now it wont start. 

Its mainly running flexfuel map, but i would prefer to only run 98 octane. So if that would be possible to change that would be nice

I think the basemap, crank enrichment, warmup is totally wrong by looking at the numbers. The warmup has always been very wrong with about 10 afr after the car got tuned. It was tuned at around 32 degrees Celcius outside temp. It is now about 5 Degrees outside. Always taken alot of cranks to get it it going.

Specs are Rb25Det series 2. .

Tested injectors, spark and fuel pump though the Link software, OK. 

-98 octane in tank

-Link G4+ PNP 

-Cam trigger NZ Wiring  (just calibrated according to manual)

-NGK Audi 2.0 TFSI coils

-465cc green injectors bosch

-VEMS 700kpa map sensor (cant get it to calibrate for some reason)

-

-

map s13 rb25.pclr

All your cold start settings look reasonable, it is hard to say if they are optimised or not, but there is definitely nothing wild there that would prevent it from starting.

It seems like your problem may lay elsewhere.  If you want to attach a log of a start attempt Im happy to take a quick look to check all the basics are working.

1. If the map sensor won't calibrate, then there's the first problem you need to address.  The MAP reading needs to be within 5kpa of the ecu's internal BAP (barometric sensor) to actually calibrate.  If the calibration you entered is not achieving those results, there may be a problem with the sensor or the calibration values.  

2. Your fuel system model is set to modelled multi-fuel with no fuel pressure correction?  Is that correct?  Do you not have a manifold vacuum/pressure referenced fuel pressure regulator? No hose off of your regulator?

3. Your cranking enrichment for 0% ethanol and cold temps should probably be about half of what it is.  The values around 100% are close to what I've seen on ethanol cars here in the 30s/40s Farenheit (3-8°C).

4. Your multi-fuel blend ratio table seems very strange.  Minimum ethanol percent is 37 at 0 and then it blends linearly to 50% ethanol over 3% of the range (so 97 percent using table1) and then changes direction on the linearity up to 90% ethanol, then changes direction again.

image.png.7f22246653f3ed40a5f76e5859259837.png

image.png.2cf97105aaa672e42efdb2a9cba7edc9.png

5. Your fuel tables 1 and 2 are quite a bit different. Fuel table 2 is mostly 65-75% of the values in fuel table 1 with some large exceptions in the tip in region of the 1000rpm column where the table 1 values are around 9?  Percentage wise the values of Fuel table2 divided by Table 1 are as follows:

image.thumb.png.e7a3dd5564df26629bf6d797a6c953d5.png

6. Your Fuel table 1 fuel parameters appear to be set up for primarily ethanol, while your Fuel table 2 values for petrol.  This is the opposite of how your blend ratio is set up favoring table 2 when ethanol content is high.

I could keep going on....

• 2 months later...

Alright, late bump.

Added new GM map sensor.

Set the settings on it and the ecu got it calibrated sucsessfully. The o2 sensor is not connected. But this didnt matter if i was correct?

The car will never run on e85.

Only 98.

Logged 2 start cycles.

Heard a small pop on first log.

Got fuel at rail, tested injectors and igniton coils via link software.

Tried firing with brakecleaner in TB. Nothing.

Any ideas?

start.llg

start 2.llg

ECU all looks happy as far as I can tell.  

Have you confirmed there is a spark when cranking and ignition timing is somewhere close?  What changed between it previously running and not now?  Has it been apart?

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

ECU all looks happy as far as I can tell.  

Have you confirmed there is a spark when cranking and ignition timing is somewhere close?  What changed between it previously running and not now?  Has it been apart?

Nothing mechanical changed pretty much. Only sat in storage. Compression is perfect all cyl. I changed to nz wiring cam sensor after it sat and wouldnt start. Put in the settings according to nzwiring. I will admit ive tinkered a bit with the software, and i suspect i fcked the start enrichments. I tried adjusting it as it would run very rich cold start after i got it tuned. I will check if i have spark when cranking tomorrow. 

No, more likely mechanical damage when installing.  All pressure load on the ceramic is restrained at the rolled steel lip just above the hex.  Det will damage the ceramic below this point but generally not above. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see any signs of a misfire at the 2 minute mark, but RPM is definitely much lower than target so that is the first thing I would correct.  It looks like possibly your idle valve isnt working.  Try unplugging it when it is idling, if RPM drops then that confirms it is working.  If idle valve is working then I would check base timing again and if that looks ok then it is probably going to need the throttle stop opened a bit more.