Boost control voltage compensation causes solenoid to run constantly

ellisd1984

As above I've been messing with closed loop boose control and noticed when I'd parked up that my boost solenoid was clicking even though it was below map and rpm thresholds.  After messing with a few settings I noticed that changing "voltage compenstion"  from on to off stopped this happening. 

It's not a setting i'm particularly bothered about but I though it best mention it incase other people are experiencing the same problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/niyi14c4oanv6mi/20210213_140918.mp4?dl=0

What firmware version are you using?  I know there was something funny with the voltage comp overriding the min clamp on an earlier version.  Ill take a closer look if you are on a recent firmware.

Regardless, I wouldnt bother with voltage comp on a boost solenoid, it is more aimed at VVT and idle valves that float at some proportional opening based on average current, with boost valves since they fully open and close every cycle they are more effected by solenoid deadtime (which isnt compensated) rather than just current.  

I believe it's the latest firmware.  To be honest I didn't even realise voltage compensation had been turned on I've only just turned boost control back on after tuning on the wastegate for a while.  Everything seems to be working fine now so I'm more than happy to leave it turned off