Gear ratio calibration

Knox

Hello, I tried to calibrate my gear position using "Gear Detection" -> "Gear Calibration". When I try to calibrate on "Misc" tab Gear Ratio Status writes Error - try again, and what I noticed is on Misc tab "Acceleration (km/h/s) fluctuates and sometimes goes to red and also shows "- amounts". On the same car with G4+ I calibrated before, now I'm using G4X and I can not calibrate. On factory cluster speed works and also ecu reads speed sensor when I'm driving. How can I solve this issue ? and also can I enter manually G4+ gear ratio numbers (which I calibrate before) to G4X, are they using same calibration process? Thank you in advance.

Have you tried just entering the values manually from the G4+?  I believe they use the same ratios.  I've also had a car that seemed to fluctuate too much for the automatic method so I entered what I observed the average values to be (running car on dyno makes this easier to watch) and that worked as well.  Perhaps you can create a match channel to average RPM/Speed for each gear?  Maybe just an average speed math channel would make the math easier to manually enter.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:50 PM, koracing said:

Have you tried just entering the values manually from the G4+?  I believe they use the same ratios.  I've also had a car that seemed to fluctuate too much for the automatic method so I entered what I observed the average values to be (running car on dyno makes this easier to watch) and that worked as well.  Perhaps you can create a match channel to average RPM/Speed for each gear?  Maybe just an average speed math channel would make the math easier to manually enter.

Actually I did not think that at that time. I will try on monday and also I calculate speed/rpm number (which is completely different like 1. gear 2.69 when ecu calculated and when rpm/speed 1.st gear is 105.55). I will try manually entering these numbers also(ecu calculated on g4+ and rpm/speed). 

Are you on the latest firmware?  The calibration tolerance was opened up a lot in recent firmware.  Otherwise I would like to see a log, possibly have a noisy speed source.  You can also just look at the "Gear Ratio Calc." parameter from a logged drive and provided they are reasonably stable enter those numbers directly into the ratio table.

41 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Are you on the latest firmware?  The calibration tolerance was opened up a lot in recent firmware.  Otherwise I would like to see a log, possibly have a noisy speed source.  You can also just look at the "Gear Ratio Calc." parameter from a logged drive and provided they are reasonably stable enter those numbers directly into the ratio table.

Yes I’m on 6.19.105 latest firmware.  Just enter what is written at gear ratio calc for every gear and write manually without change or calculate something? Becase rpm/speed gives an other number, 

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Seems to work as expected for me.  Example below 6613RPM/150.8kph= 43.85 = close enough to 43.83RPM/kph gear ratio calc reported.

GoEOoo0.png

Adamw, this is much easier for me, thank you. Can I ask why when using gear calibration numbers are different with when enter manunally? For ex: 1st gear is 2.69 on my g4+ calibration (ecu calculated at that time) and on my g4x manually entered number is 105.5 ? And also when I use "ecu calculated" am I must "off" normalise ratio table ?