GTR Link in 91 r32 gtr... won't start, most everything says inactive.

That_gtr_kid

5 hours ago, 0x33 said:

Attach your tune file

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

attach that and a copy of your map here.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

attach that and a copy of your map here.

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

>file>save as is how you save the map.  The file will have have a .pclx extension.

52 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Please attach your map. 

It's like im trying to extract teeth or something...  Im trying to help you in the middle of my weekend, please attach your map so I can take a look and offer the next steps in diagnosing.

The map should be much smaller than 2.44Mb, typically about 400kB for a G4X.  

However, you can share a link using google drive, onedrive, dropbox, wetransfer or any other of the many file sharing options.  Google something like "how to share a file with one drive" to learn how to do that.

25 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The map should be much smaller than 2.44Mb, typically about 400kB for a G4X.  

However, you can share a link using google drive, onedrive, dropbox, wetransfer or any other of the many file sharing options.  Google something like "how to share a file with one drive" to learn how to do that.

Thats not a bad idea, it's to bad y'all can't remote connect like banks can, wouldn't that make life easier.

hope this helps i was doing everything from my phone earlier.

BADLIZD R32 GTR G4X Xtreme Plugin ecu.pclx

A couple of things to fix.  Your MAP sensor is reading wrong.  It should read the same as the BAP sensor when the engine is off.  I suspect your ecu is one of the newer ones with the 7Bar MAP so try changing the MAP calibration to 7Bar, then do the calibration and check that BAP matches MAP.  

Your battery voltage is only showing 8.5V.  

The statistics saved in you map suggest RPM was working at least at some stage in the past.

Can you go to the triggers/limits tab on the runtimes screen (F12) as per pic below and tell me if trig1 signal and Trig2 Signal show yes when cranking.

THUmX6T.png

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

A couple of things to fix.  Your MAP sensor is reading wrong.  It should read the same as the BAP sensor when the engine is off.  I suspect your ecu is one of the newer ones with the 7Bar MAP so try changing the MAP calibration to 7Bar, then do the calibration and check that BAP matches MAP.  

Your battery voltage is only showing 8.5V.  

The statistics saved in you map suggest RPM was working at least at some stage in the past.

Can you go to the triggers/limits tab on the runtimes screen (F12) as per pic below and tell me if trig1 signal and Trig2 Signal show yes when cranking.

THUmX6T.png

Thats a no on the trig1 and trig2 signals, also now its saying connection error 27 not implemented 

So what is the background to this car that would explain the CAS not working?  Has it run recently?  has the wiring been changed or messed with recently?

I guess the first check is confirm there is 12V on the CAS pin indicated below.

Screenshot 2021-04-11 124144.png

The car hasn't run since September, and it would start fine. I had the CAS off for awhile so I could powder coat the valve covers, ill check for 12v at the pins. It was having a weird spark issue and I just assumed it was old coils. I'll do some testing and report back.

Yes it has 12v and with the CAS off the engine and plugged into the harness, when rotating it by hand I can hear each injector pulse. When put it back together and turned the key to ACC everything went active with signal from Trig1 and Trig2 but once the it connected to the ECU it all went inactive? Also when I try to start it it disconnects from the ecu and asks me: you are reconnecting to an ECU but the settings are different. Do you want to copy PC settings to the ECU?... but I haven't changed anything.