Wiring in launch control and understanding cam sensors

AnWaRi996

Hey all, just chasing a bit of clarification on launch control. My car doesn't have a factory clutch switch, so is my only way of setting up a launch control through adding a clutch switch to a DI channel or is there some other funky way that I haven't thought of?

Also, will a car with the cam/crank angle sensors swapped around actually run? I have a super strong (99% sure) feeling mine are ass backwards which is leading to a misfire, high idle, and longer time to crank, but I'm not entirely sure why this would cause the high idle. In my head the car runs because it's 2:1 cam/crank ratio so everything should line up half the time it's expecting, and I guess this trickles down into the above symptoms while still horribly allowing the car to run?

Thanks

1 hour ago, AnWaRi996 said:

ey all, just chasing a bit of clarification on launch control. My car doesn't have a factory clutch switch, so is my only way of setting up a launch control through adding a clutch switch to a DI channel or is there some other funky way that I haven't thought of?

If you have a speed sensor you can set up a virtual aux to activate launch control whenever say speed < 5kmh and TPS > 50%.

1 hour ago, AnWaRi996 said:

Also, will a car with the cam/crank angle sensors swapped around actually run? I have a super strong (99% sure) feeling mine are ass backwards which is leading to a misfire, high idle, and longer time to crank, but I'm not entirely sure why this would cause the high idle. In my head the car runs because it's 2:1 cam/crank ratio so everything should line up half the time it's expecting, and I guess this trickles down into the above symptoms while still horribly allowing the car to run?

Unlikely.  What ecu do you have?  What engine/trigger?

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Unlikely.  What ecu do you have?  What engine/trigger?

WRXLink (5-6) G4+, 2004 EJ207 engine and trigger. Just confirmed the sensors are in fact switched around AND the car does still run (with a high idle, misfire) so I'm not actually sure what to make of this? Are there any theories on how this is possible?

They are swapped physically and still runs because you have small dip switches on the ecu board which also swap the two signals internally in the ecu. 

So swap the wires back on the engine and also change the position on the switches on the ecu board. But that is not going to solve you missfires

As dx4picco suggests, the V5/6 ecu can work with the cam/crank either way around - you just need to set the switches to match.

The G4+ has a triggerscope built in, please do a triggerscope at idle or when cranking and attach here and I can tell you if it is set up correctly or not.

Ho to do the triggerscope: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=buto8q