TPS Calibration issues

ScherzDaddy

Hi Adam, with the ON mode, as you may see in the logfile "fsupvteam_on" no change occurs on the throttle opening and the motor does not try to open either (no sound can be heard) when we send a 10% target value. Also, you may find the logfile "fsupvteam_error5_onsetup" with the data from the automatic setup, where the e-throttle body does open and close 100%-0% and error 5 pops up. There, the motor does sound even after the error has appeared.

Thanks for your help

fsupvteam_error5_onsetup.llg fsupvteam_on.llg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In ON-Setup mode all safety chcks are disabled.  In ON mode all saftey checks are in place and the throttle will be disabled if any of the requirements are not met.

In both logs you have a fault "AP(Main) CAN timeout" error, you also have lots of errors showing on CAN bus 2.  Did you get rid on the 2nd instance of AP Main in the user CAN stream that I mentioned earlier for this test?

Yesterday we adjusted the PID parameters and finally the ETC calibration was approved, first image. Then when we changed from setup-on to on mode, the voltage at the aux9 (motor + ETB) and aux10 (motor- ETB) outputs, stop feeding, because the safety functions were activated.
In CAN bus 2 there were errors because we had everything related to CAN bus 2 disconnected. Should we have it all connected so that it will stop being in security mode?

50% AP- ON mode.jpeg

50% AP - ON-Setup Mode.jpeg

Errors off mode.jpeg

Errors ON mode.jpeg

Erros ON - Setup Mode.jpeg

Calibration finished.jpeg

fsupvteam_ETB_0_to_20_ONSETUP.llg

I dont think CAN errors on CAN 2 should be a problem since your APS is only on CAN 1 now.  But I would suggest as a test you could try just turning off CAN 2 (set mode to off) since CAN bus APS is not very common I dont have enough experience to say for sure CAN 2 isnt the problem.

Can you do a short log for me as follows:

Start with E-throttle in set up mode and working, start the log recordeing, then switch to ON mode, keep recording until the fault occurs/throttle stops working (this may be immediately), save the log and attach here.

Just to give an update, I have been away from the car most of the weekend, but was able to get the new TPS installed and I am able to get the throttle body to work correctly in the setup and on modes. It still will not calibrate through the auto process, but I am no longer getting fault codes on the ecu when the throttle sweeps through the full range of the plate in the on position. I will be doing more work this week to get it sorted out once I'm caught up.

9 hours ago, Lloret said:

We attach the data log of what you have requested with CAN 2 disconnected. It starts in the on-setup state and goes on when the voltage drops.

Log 2021-04-19 3;05;54 pm.llg 323.65 kB · 0 downloads

You have many bus errors on CAN1, you need to solve these for the E-throttle to be happy.  The transmit and acknowledge error suggest possibly one device you are sending data to is not acknowledging.

f4mD25H.png

12 hours ago, Adamw said:

You have many bus errors on CAN1, you need to solve these for the E-throttle to be happy.  The transmit and acknowledge error suggest possibly one device you are sending data to is not acknowledging.

f4mD25H.png

Hi,

We have deleted all the disconnected devices error. We have disconnected CAN1 innecessary messages. Then we have tried again, and the ECU is still killing the power to the ETB. I attach you the log file. Now the Acknowledge error is "Ok". 

fsupvteam_ETB_0_to_20_ONSETUP_final.llg

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

CAN1 needs to be ON and with no errors if you have APS connected via CAN.  It is obviously not going to work with CAN1 turned off...

This log is with CAN1 ON. I can see there are no errors in CAN1. In mode ONSETUP the ETB is working fine, but then, when I have turned to mode ON, the Aux9/10 power supply is switched off, and I don't know why the TP (main)(%) is automatically set on 10.6%.

What type of error can make the power supply switched off, if there is no CAN transmit and receive errors? 

Thanks for all the answers.

fsupvteam_ETB_CAN1_ONSETUP_NO_ERROR.llg

4 minutes ago, oscar said:

In mode ONSETUP the ETB is working fine, but then, when I have turned to mode ON, the Aux9/10 power supply is switched off,

The throttle system is going into fault mode due to the reported fault "AP(Main) CAN Timeout".  Maybe the device that you have sending the APS data is slow to bootup and the ecu times out waiting?    

Can youy attach your current map as well.  I will give it a quick test on the bench here.  

5 minutes ago, oscar said:

and I don't know why the TP (main)(%) is automatically set on 10.6%.

When the ecu thinks there is a safety concern with the throttle system it shuts off the E-throttle relay (Aux 9/10 supply).  With no voltage holding the throttle blade closed the spring inside the throttle body will push the throttle to its neutral balance point, this is usually aroud 7-10% on most common throttles.   

So I was able to sort out my ethrottle issue but now I have a crank / no-start condition. Attached is my log and map. Can someone tell me what I've forgotten? I've checked the plugs, they are wet with fuel (brand new plugs) and have checked the spark and it looks good. 

Steve_Toyota_JZX100Plugin_eThrottle_working.pclx crank-no-start_.llgx

On 4/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, Adamw said:

The throttle system is going into fault mode due to the reported fault "AP(Main) CAN Timeout".  Maybe the device that you have sending the APS data is slow to bootup and the ecu times out waiting?    

Can youy attach your current map as well.  I will give it a quick test on the bench here.  

When the ecu thinks there is a safety concern with the throttle system it shuts off the E-throttle relay (Aux 9/10 supply).  With no voltage holding the throttle blade closed the spring inside the throttle body will push the throttle to its neutral balance point, this is usually aroud 7-10% on most common throttles.   

Hi Adam, I am attaching the map. Anyway, in this capture in on-setup mode you can see how the status of A-10 E-throttle (+) and 
(-) appear as disconnected when they really are, since they feed the ETB motor and this working. When we connect the ON mode the 
relay is turned off and de Aux 9/10 too.
Thanks greetings

23-4.PNG

23-04.pclr

19 minutes ago, ScherzDaddy said:

I'm getting readings on map now, but still no start. 

PC Datalog - 2021-04-23 12;53;03 pm.llgx 730.62 kB · 0 downloads

I noticed the voltage was quite low so I put a jump pack on it again. 

PC Datalog - 2021-04-23 1;40;05 pm.llgx Steve_Toyota_JZX100Plugin_eThrottle_workingMapWorking.pclx

4 hours ago, ScherzDaddy said:

I'm getting readings on map now, but still no start. 

You look like you have everything you need to make it run now.  It looks like possibly too much fuel as the start attempt where you had the throttle WOT the RPM picked up like it almost started.  What size injectors does it have?