Trig1 Error Counter & RPM peaks

Quino

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with my trig 1 where I turn on the engine  and while running at idle, it will start to increase the trig1 error counter. It also shows on screen peaks of about 8000 RPM, when running on idle, which has no sense. Does anyone know what can be going on? It's quite annoying as it won't maintain the idle and die. Also comment that I'm using an electronic throttle body where I'm inputing 10% of TPS (1:1 TPS & APPS) in case it is because it is running too poor and although the valve looks too close for a 10% of TPS, lambda values seem okay, so maybe it's just a wrong supposition.

If the trigger error counter is increamenting it means the ecu is not receving the correct trigger pattern from the crank/cam sensors.  Please do a trigger scope capture while idling and attach that and a copy of your tune.  

Here is how to do a trigger scope:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=Z9iXwF

Here you have Adam, I had to start with 10% of APPS as it won't even try to start at 0% (2.5% of TPS). It went on idling for about 10 seconds and die, the trig1 error counter went up by 2 at the beginning and 2 more errors when the motor stopped. Also, there was a peak of RPM at the moment it died, just like I commented yesterday.

TRIGGER.jpeg

1234.pclr ETB IDLING.llg

What RPM was that trigger scope taken at?  While the engine was running?  If so you could easily raise your arming voltages to something closer to half the measured scope voltage to eliminate any possibly noise not picked up in the trigger test, but the signals look pretty clean. 

What engine is it you're tuning - is 12-1 for the crank correct for your motor?  Your Air Temp is also very high.

You have no lambda value showing - are you sure it isn't running out of fuel or going lean?  Your base position for the tps is also set to zero - maybe try increasing that and then you may not need to hold the throttle open yourself.  

I think the problem with the tigger is the missing tooth occurs right on TDC when the crank slows down due to compression.  So it will mostly be a problem during start-up, once the engine is running reasonable I would expect it will probably be happier.  

It looks like you need larger numbers in the top row of your E-throttle target table, change accel fuel to TPS, richen the mixture a bit.