Idle

Ryley Coker

Already, I’ve got the car running! 1993 Subaru Legacy 2.2 turbo with 1050x top feed conversion. I’m running into an issue where my idle speed is no lower than 1500rpm. I’ve checked the cable and it’s not pulling, TPS was re calibrated just in case. Thoughts anyone?

That basemap doesn't have an idle solenoid output set.

Assuming you do actually have one set I have two thoughts:

• Idle min clamp is 30% so it won't drop below that
  • Are you sure that the wiring has been setup so that 0% is closed? This can be tested by changing the idle solenoid active state from high to low or vice versa to swap which way is considered open and closed.

Unrelated to the above your idle target RPMs should probably be a little bigger than 35-52 RPM, I would expect more like 700-1000RPM and you should also change your RPM Lockout to more like 500 (is currently 1400) because the lockout value is added to the target.

792D630A-E436-408C-9A34-03B629C65250.jpeg

1 minute ago, Vaughan said:

The ECU won't be doing any idle control because it hasn't been told which pins are connected to the idle speed controller as shown in the attached picture.

Which plugin ECU is it? WRXV1-2?

Looks like I might need to tidy up some stuff in that provided sample map

Capture.PNG

It is the link V1-2 ecu. 

Might be worth copying the idle settings from the supplied sample map for the WRXV1-2.

From memory the Legacy pinouts are different to the Impreza pinouts, have you done any rewiring to make it work or just plugged it in?

Have a go at copying the sample map values in then for the idle.

poking through a 92 legacy pinout and it looks like they are waste spark where the Impreza is Direct spark, has this been fixed somehow in the loom too? This is actually the only difference I have spotted so far, I think the one I have played with previously was a 2.5 non turbo

so with it in low mode set the Idle Ignition control Prop gain to 0 (just to disable it for this quick test) does increasing the base position table value make the idle speed increase or decrease? (you will have to adjust the cells that it is currently using as indicated by the yellow box)

It seems to be running pretty well. Kinda smoky (rich) while driving but overall it’s pretty good. My last issue is the IAT sensor. I’ve ran it through the expansion loom with the ground. And I even got a new sensor just to check. But it either reads high/low voltage or 302 degrees. 

53 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

so with it in low mode set the Idle Ignition control Prop gain to 0 (just to disable it for this quick test) does increasing the base position table value make the idle speed increase or decrease? (you will have to adjust the cells that it is currently using as indicated by the yellow box)

As for the prop gains it does not affect the idle up nor down. 

3 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

your tune didn't have an IAT sensor setup in it, what sensor is it and I assume you've wired it up to An Temp 2?

I had to shut it off but I have a speed density setup. Yes it is wired in to An Temp 2

Here is the tune with the IAT on. Its showing error with voltage high. But Its wired to the ground of the expansion plug and to the an temp 2. 

5-9 tune 5.pclx

17 minutes ago, Ryley Coker said:

As for the prop gains it does not affect the idle up nor down. 

Turn off prop gain so it doesn't try hold an rpm with the ign timing, adjust base pos to open or close the solenoid to see which way it works.

21 minutes ago, Ryley Coker said:

I had to shut it off but I have a speed density setup. Yes it is wired in to An Temp 2

Here is the tune with the IAT on. Its showing error with voltage high. But Its wired to the ground of the expansion plug and to the an temp 2. 

turn on the Analog Temperature 2 Pull-up resistor (probably 1 kohm (Internal) option) and then clear your fault codes, the voltage in there  is showing almost 0 and it wouldn't surprise me if you had it setup while the sensor was unplugged.