G4+ Fury - Gear Detection Problem / Gear Ratio Calc not working

cHeMiCaL_

Hi @Adamw,

Need your assistance,

Am using G4+ Fury and i cant get my gear detection to work. When i initiate the gear calibration (through ECU Calculated), the Gear Ratio Status' "Calculating Gear" will always display "Finished" after 3 seconds even though i am not moving. This problem applies to all 5 gears.

Can you please help to manually enter my gear ratio as per below? currently its full lockdown in my hometown, so i cant go out for a drive to do logging for you. I have also attached my config files for your perusal.

1st Gear (2.875)
2nd Gear (1.950)
3rd Gear (1.444)
4th Gear (1.096)
5th Gear (0.825)
Reverse (3.416)
Final Ratio (4.111)
Circumference: 2052.09 mm

hear from you and many thanks kindly for your help, @Adamw!

cHeMiCaL_ 01Jun2021.pclr

Looking through the G4+ help manual it looks like the easiest method will be to just jack up the car, put it on stands and then run through the gears with the wheels off the ground, this is how I've done several of my cars in the past.

45 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Read the help, the car needs to be doing at least 15kmh before you try to calibrate a gear.  

Yes adam, ive read through and followed all the instructions in the manual. I’ve not been lucky with my ecu and been getting loads of issues since beginning. I still hv warranty ticket open  btw and hvnt got the chance to this return to your warranty team.

the problem i hve now, even before i can get up to 15km/h, it will report ‘finished’, where it should be reporting unsuccessful. Whether it’s 15km/h or 0km/h it will report ‘finish’ after 3 seconds of running and i will get status gear ‘1’ and thats abt it. I hope my explanation gives better picture on my current situation.

Much thanks! 

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Looking through the G4+ help manual it looks like the easiest method will be to just jack up the car, put it on stands and then run through the gears with the wheels off the ground, this is how I've done several of my cars in the past.

thanks Vaughan, will take that as a consideration surely!

18 minutes ago, cHeMiCaL_ said:

Whether it’s 15km/h or 0km/h it will report ‘finish’ after 3 seconds of running and i will get status gear ‘1’ and thats abt it. I hope my explanation gives better picture on my current situation.

But you shouldnt even have gear calibration enabled until you are at speed.  It only tells you to set calibration to 1st gear at step 5 when the wheels are already driving.   So Gear ratio status should show "off" until then.  Do you have a driven wheel speed source assigned and working?  What gear ratio calc are you getting reported in 1st gear?

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

But you shouldnt even have gear calibration enabled until you are at speed.  It only tells you to set calibration to 1st gear at step 5 when the wheels are already driving.   So Gear ratio status should show "off" until then.  Do you have a driven wheel speed source assigned and working?  What gear ratio calc are you getting reported in 1st gear?

ok @Adamw i will retry again when the situation permits. My driven LF wheel speed source is assigned and working well. for the gear ratio calc reported in first gear is 655.35

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

A gear ratio of 655 suggests either your wheel speed is not working or you dont have it assigned as the driven wheel speed source.

Noted with thanks @Adamw! Speed sensor works fine as i can see it through my MXP dash all this while. Let me diagnose everything again.

much thanks for all of the advices!

cheers!