evo 8 plug in fan question

evo_gerard

good day everyone,

i have a lil question. i recently installed an evolink g4x plugin in my evo 7. Once I turn the key to the ON position, the fans come on. I took of the 'engine fan 3' and the AC fan switched off. but the rad fan 'engine fan 1' stays on. when it turn that off nothing changes. it still runs. i updated the firmware to the latest firmware and i'm using the latest software. 

i'm using the evo 7-8 7bar base file as the startup file as it matches my ecu.

any advice will be greatly appreciated

Try changing the Aux output Active state to the opposite of what it currently is.  

I have a wire-in ecu in my Evo 7 so I dont know which fan is which in my wiring compared to the plug-in, but I have one of my fan output active states set to low and the other set to high for correct operation.  

Does the Evo 7 have a fan controller module, like my Legnum VR-4 does? It might look like a little metal "hedgehog" with lots of little fins, and attached to the back of the fans.

If so, this is expecting a PWM based output to control the speed, rather than just a normal on/off.

If it's like mine, it's also an inverted signal (so it fails safe at 100%), so 0% PWM duty cycle is full fan speed, and 100% PWM duty cycle is fan off.

good day

@Adamw i switched both active states and the both turned off. i did a test on the outputs and the both switch on. the AC fan switches to full speed at once. but the rad fan (engine 1) comes on slow and increases to full speed

@Confused it has a fan control module. how do I switch it to pwm?

They do have the speed control in the VII's but our base maps are just set up for on/off control (they have a slow start function so even on/off control is not adbrupt).  

I suggest you get it working correctly just on/off and learn your way around the system before complicatiiong things with PWM.