Traction control

Lotussuper7

I assume you mean cruise control?  The "On" switch can be momentary or toggle/latching, there is a setting in the software to swap between.  Res and Set need to be momentary as you use these also as increase/decrease.  You can also get two wire "stalks" off some modern cars that do all 4 switches over a single analog input.

Oh shit, yes, cruise control, my bad. Thanks for the info.

I don't have a classic stalk, so will be adding buttons to make it work. Can I get away with just On/off and Set, or do you need resume also? I guess without resume you cannot do the increase/decrease thing. I think I have run out of digital inputs, without sacrificing another function. Hence why I ask.

Cheers

Given the number of DI's needed for Cruise, I'd strongly suggest getting hold of a stalk which requires only a single Analog input.

I got one from a Lexus IS200, but plenty of other manufacturers have them.

Or - if you want to stick with your momentary buttons, you could create a resistor ladder with your momentary switches, and feed this into an Analog input.

54 minutes ago, Confused said:

Given the number of DI's needed for Cruise, I'd strongly suggest getting hold of a stalk which requires only a single Analog input.

I got one from a Lexus IS200, but plenty of other manufacturers have them.

Or - if you want to stick with your momentary buttons, you could create a resistor ladder with your momentary switches, and feed this into an Analog input.

Thanks for the input. I cant really fit a factory stalk in the car, due to space requirements, so the button route is the one I will have to take. I was hoping just to get away with the 2 digital inputs (on/off and set) and of course brake and clutch inputs. But maybe I will have to go with a resistor ladder if all the buttons need to be implemented. Having the speed adjustable up and down would be nice, but I wouldn't mind not having it either. If I wanted to speed up or slow, I could just use the throttle or brake and reset the cruise, no?

A resume button is not one of the minimum requirements.  But personally, I use it a lot.  I dont use the actual resume function as often - but I use the "decrease" all the time.  Usually when i'm coming up behind someone driving slow, just give it 3 bumps down or whatever, then once he is out the way or I can change lanes to pass, 3 bumps back up...  But I guess traffic and how drivers behave in your region and where you drive will play a big part in how you use it. 

Note I dont have anything wired at all, it is just virtual buttons on the Android head unit screen for me. 

EpVLWRC.png

Thanks guys for your help. I'm going to go the Analogue route thanks to your suggestions. A bit more work, but it will free up a couple of digital in's (and give me all the cruise functions). I was going to use Analogue Temp 4, it only supports a fixed internal pullup as I'm sure you are aware, that should work fine with resistance ladder (being pulled high)?

What would be your recommendation on resistor values for the ladder?

Thanks again