Normalized Knock Control - Load Status Change

TC951

Hello,

While setting up normalized knock control I started by checking a few steady state areas to see how the system behaved.  I noticed that when holding the engine at 2k rpm at full load (~112kpa) the Knock Load Status changed to "Changing Load" and remained there until I removed load.  During this time it applied my Load Delta Threshold Gain, even though the MAP Delta Level had not been met... I'm not sure that this is intended operation?  Can someone confirm?

image.thumb.png.d1fd2c7e21055bfb65d03235e36c3623.png

These are my relevant settings:

image.png.f3e49a14e0e4d09c3f50760d68485c45.png

image.png.87b86c7b48766c332075660bd68643dc.png

image.png.6b9e7e520aa0af20bff6f7da07e75d5d.png

PC Datalog - 2021-09-9 5;39;10 pm_KnockSetupNormalized_LoadStatusinBoost.llgx

Looking at your log it looks like it's because of the MAP Delta, remember that PCLink logs will miss data points on anything fast moving compared with ECU logs which can log at a much higher and more consistent rate. There are options to filter the MAP, TPS and Engine Speed ROC/Delta values for the purpose of the Knock Control function if you want more stable values.

Capture.PNG

Also, there is a dedicated "Knock MAP Delta" channel, this is the MAP delta with the filtering applied, so this is the best channel to look at when fine tuning that filter and delta level. 

For reference I've got the Knock MAP delta filter set at 10Hz in our subaru test car.

• 4 weeks later...

Adam, what version subaru sti do you guys have? can you share your pclx file with me please ?

On 9/10/2021 at 6:07 AM, Adamw said:

Also, there is a dedicated "Knock MAP Delta" channel, this is the MAP delta with the filtering applied, so this is the best channel to look at when fine tuning that filter and delta level. 

For reference I've got the Knock MAP delta filter set at 10Hz in our subaru test car.

Kindly share your pclx (map) file with me, what year model or version sti do you have ?