Fuel pressure issues with modelled

Gregconboy158

Wondering if someone can help. 
I've always used traditional fuel set up but now in modelled. But my fuel pressure looking at logs seems to fluctuate a bit (literally looking at a log zoomed in it could read 43psi and over half a second itll go 33psi (extreme) and back to 43psi again all with in half a second) not sure if this is normal or the sensor but it seems to be screwing with the pulse width around these times and making it a bit of a pita. Is there any way to compensate/resolution for this or shall I bite the bullet and go back to traditional?

If you want to take fuel pressure compensation out of the model then just change fuel system type to MAP referenced.  It only compensates for fuel pressure when system type is set to FP sensor.

But otherwise I agree with JMP, if the log shows you have a pressure control issue then it would be wise to investigate it now rather than later when you have holes in your pistons.   

I'm not overally confident there is a problem, I'm thinking more sensor issue  unless its supposed to stay at a rock solid rate? 

Like how can it drop 10psi of fuel pressure in less than half a second? It'll go from 43-33-43 all with in half a second and only sometimes at that too. 

Its also got a 6 months odd old 255lph fuel pump, new fuel filter and new radium fuel rail and regulator so id like to hope its all in check 

27 minutes ago, Gregconboy158 said:

I'm thinking more sensor issue  unless its supposed to stay at a rock solid rate? 

Fuel pressure should vary, but differential fuel pressure should stay relatively flat.  You often see a small spike with large abrupt manifold pressure changes but otherwise it should be rock solid. 

27 minutes ago, Gregconboy158 said:

Like how can it drop 10psi of fuel pressure in less than half a second? It'll go from 43-33-43 all with in half a second and only sometimes at that too. 

I assure you that is very easy, within 1/100 of a second even.  But you need to confirm where your issue is, dont assume it is just the sensor.