N350X - Oil pressure sensor

Timboj

Hi team, I've just installed an N350X into my 03 350Z. After a few days of trying to sort out the idle, I only just noticed I wasn't getting a reading on oil pressure.

I checked the pin diagram in the manual, and I can't see any mention of an oil pressure sensor?

Especially given much of the OEM functionality was included/addressed, I can't believe something so critical to engine protection (and included in stock form) isn't included?

Or am I doing something wrong?

I could be wrong but I don't believe the factory oil pressure sensor is connected to the ecu in any form. I would expect that, like most other OEM oil pressure setups, it is wired only to the gauge.

Had a quick search and this thread indicates that the sensor is wired to the gauge cluster and then has some form of communication from that to the gauge

Thanks for replying so quickly, Vaughan.

That makes a lot more sense. Total assumption that it would wire via the ECU. 

Curious that it's stopped working after changing to the new ECU. I had a look at the thread you linked and it mention it wires via the AC (HVAC?) controller. I'm getting a 'low pressure' lockout currently for my AC. Probably a huge leap, but could the two be related?

The voltage meter and trip computer are both fine so it may simply be the sensor or wiring.

3 minutes ago, Timboj said:

Curious that it's stopped working after changing to the new ECU. I had a look at the thread you linked and it mention it wires via the AC (HVAC?) controller. I'm getting a 'low pressure' lockout currently for my AC. Probably a huge leap, but could the two be related?

What voltage do you have on An Volt 7 and what is your Low Pressure Lockout setting set to?

If I wanted to wire in an oil pressure sensor to the N350X, could you explain how to do so? I've looked at the pin diagram and if I'm reading it correctly, there's only one An Volt expansion (An volt 8)? Does that require a JST connector?

Does that also mean I couldn't wire in fuel pressure as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, Timboj said:

If I wanted to wire in an oil pressure sensor to the N350X, could you explain how to do so? I've looked at the pin diagram and if I'm reading it correctly, there's only one An Volt expansion (An volt 8)? Does that require a JST connector?

Does that also mean I couldn't wire in fuel pressure as well?

pressure sensors are typically 5v, signal ground an an An Volt, you could use An Volt 8 on the expansion connector with the appropriate plug or you could repurpose an An Volt on the main header. An Volt 3 (MAF), An Volt 10 (RH narrowband O2), An Volt 11 (LH narrowband O2) or An Volt 12 (Evap Pressure) could be used with some rewiring.