Lambda Error 24 - Fury G4X

Edmund Turner

Hi gents, We have a brand new Link Fury G4X with a new LSU 4.9 bosch sensor installed in a vehicle and was tuned without issues a few months back. The vehicle came back for a checkup after less then 500km . We noticed that the AFR  from the logs was all over the place.  We checked the fuel system, and the pressure is stable and is holding at WOT as expected.  When first starting the car, the wideband 02 seems to heat up and come to operating tempreature without an error as expected.  After a few mins of driving, the AFR seems unstable but the car drives fine like how it was tuned before. 

From the logs attached, I noticed the lambda is throwing an 'error 24'. It will read lean then swing to rich.  When the vehicle is at WOT for a few seconds, the wideband 02 sensors begins reading  super rich at 9:1 AFR and then mid way thru the pull, it will stops reading and is locked at 147:1 afr.  We checked the loom and the wiring and all looks fine. Before I swap a new sensor, i wanted to check what 'error 24 ' means? 

log here- https://drive.google.com/file/d/15jy0YvAHnSdQvdaGE3VDkcwskU0jIgDh/view?usp=sharing

map here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Pl9NC7ZhC7AnM_64WfyI8htXLOpuyuC/view?usp=sharing

Thank you.

Talked to some of the engineers and the general feeling looking at your log is sensor fault. Error 24 is that the device is drawing too much current or that the controller can't supply enough current. This could mean a power supply issue to the controller in the ECU or a fault in the sensor, a short in the loom could cause too much current to be drawn but this would most likely trigger other faults as well.

The few times I have seen this error is was solved with a replacement sensor.  In both cases the sensors where potentially fakes as purchased from Amazon or similar.  Make sure any replacement sensor is from a reputable source and it has the Bosch secure code on the package that you can check at protect.bosch.com.  

Thanks for the feedback. The sensor was purchased from an authorised Bosch dealer in Australia. 

I didnt have a new spare sensor to swap and test yesterday but we did install the same wideband 02 sensor to another car and it worked fine and not throwing any errors. 

This leads me to suspect that there something wrong with the supply to the sensor or to the Fury but its not throwing any other errors from other sensors. 

The current maincode firmware on the Fury is 6.20.33. There is a newer firmware availlable now but I doubt this would be the issue or is this worth a try to upgrade the firmware?

Thank you

Very few other wideband controllers do all the sensor validation checks ours do and would just run the sensor at max current - so testing the suspect sensor with a different controller is not really a valid test.  

I dont remember any changes to the lambda control in Fury firmware after 6.20.33.  There was a lambda start up bug fixed in 6.20.33 was the last change noted. 

I would still try a new sensor before spending too much time looking at wiring etc.  I have heard of the terminals not latching properly and pushing back in some of the cheaper LSU mating connectors so that would be worth a look.