G4X E36 pnp add inputs

Greenday694

As the title says I have a g4x E36 BMW Plug and Play, and want to know if there's a way to add more input and output to the ECU? 

I am currently using the expansion Loom, The analog channels are being used for fuel pressure and oil pressure. The digital channels are being used for clutch pedal switch, and left front wheel speed sensor.

I want to add a ethanol content sensor.

And would like to add a boost control. Could I use the EVAP solenoid circuit for this?

• 4 months later...

I'm back again with a few more questions. I have the ethanol content sensor installed and apparently working. But I don't think it's reading correctly. It keeps showing about 14 to 15% ethanol. My local stations have a maximum of 10%. The sensor I am using is from innovate. And I can't for the life of me to find the calibration section for it. I know I did find it initially when I set it up. But I have no idea where it is now.?

Second question is about the boost control solenoid. I have the extra wire coming from the G4 X, that would go to the solenoid. Do I connect the other end of the solenoid to ground or to ignition positive?

My third question is about the idle control valve opening a lot during cranking. Is there a way I can cut that in half? On cold startup, the RPM shoot up to almost 3,000 before it coming back to idle. And this is not good with forged internals, and little to no oil pressure in the first half second.

2 hours ago, Greenday694 said:

I'm back again with a few more questions. I have the ethanol content sensor installed and apparently working. But I don't think it's reading correctly. It keeps showing about 14 to 15% ethanol. My local stations have a maximum of 10%. The sensor I am using is from innovate. And I can't for the life of me to find the calibration section for it. I know I did find it initially when I set it up. But I have no idea where it is now.?

50Hz is 0% Ethanol, 150Hz is 100% Ethanol, 1ms pulsewidth is -40degC, 5ms pulsewidth is 125degC

Second question is about the boost control solenoid. I have the extra wire coming from the G4 X, that would go to the solenoid. Do I connect the other end of the solenoid to ground or to ignition positive?

Ignition switched power, ECU output is pulled to ground when it is turned on.

My third question is about the idle control valve opening a lot during cranking. Is there a way I can cut that in half? On cold startup, the RPM shoot up to almost 3,000 before it coming back to idle. And this is not good with forged internals, and little to no oil pressure in the first half second.

Have a look at your startup Offset table values, these are added to the base position table values when starting.

Also once it idles at the right speed compare the IAC position at that speed to the base position in the table, they should be close to one another (I recommend base position table value to be slightly higher though by a few percent).  If your base position is a lot higher you'll definitely have high rpm flare-up on starting.

• 5 months later...

Well so far that's all working. Still have to calibrate the boost control solenoid to work with the built in bypass valve on the supercharger..

A while back I created another problem. I installed a dual wideband. Bank 1 reads from cylinders 1 2 and 3. Bank 2 reads from cylinders 4 5 and 6. 4 5 and 6 constantly read 2 points richer than 1 2 and 3. Except when accelerating or on Boost. Idle and part throttle cruising I always have this discrepancy. I have replaced injectors with injector Dynamic 1050. Even swapped injectors between the front three and the rear three. And also swapped O2 sensors from One bank to the other. Always get the same thing. Finally I concluded what I suspected the entire time, the air enters the very front of the plenum closest to cylinder one. So at low air flow and velocity, the first few cylinders get the most air and choke off the last three. My tuner suggested using a second input for bank 2 into the link g4x ECU.

This leads to my other question.? Can I add another analog input? I'm already using the two analog inputs from the expansion cable for my fuel pressure and oil pressure.

Thanks that was a big help. My an volt 3  is already being used for Bank 1. So I will use an volt 6 for bank 2.

Next question is how do I split in to  two closed loop lambdas? So that Bank 1 is for cylinders 1 2 and 3, and Bank 2 is for cylinders 4 5 and 6?

The only option I see is Lambda average.