Mass Air Flow Estimated - How to enable this for logging?

chickeneatman

The G4X help page has this listed for MAF estimated:

Mass Air Flow Estimated

Displays the current estimated air flowing into the engine in grams per second (g/s). This value is based off of the user specified volumetric efficiency (Fuel Table in Modelled mode).

For Air per Cylinder Estimated to work correctly the Fuel Equation Mode must be set to Modelled or Modelled - Multi Fuel, Engine Capacity must be set correctly and the ECU must have a working calibrated MAP sensor.

I have all of these params setup correctly and I am running Modelled - Multi Fuel. The Load (Abs) is available, and so is Air per Cylinder Estimated. I am attempting to figure out the 'efficiency curve' of my blower so I can calculate theoretical effects of a smaller pulley, and various amounts of charge cooling to determine if it is worth it vs swapping out for a turbo. This relies on Mass Air Flow, which I have attempted to calculate by hand with strange results. 

How do I enable logging of Mass Air Flow Estimated?

image.thumb.png.3294c6e03eb38737eaac283723c0a8cf.png

• 1 month later...

noticed mass air flow estimated was not logging... this was a pc log and I installed the newest firmware last friday... and I have at least 3 other Link ECU's currently running on the new firmware all of which did not have this problem, let me know if you want me to send you map and log. 

Thanks Adam

Mass Air Flow Estimated - Not Logging.PNG

12 minutes ago, Electredge said:

noticed mass air flow estimated was not logging... this was a pc log and I installed the newest firmware last friday... and I have at least 3 other Link ECU's currently running on the new firmware all of which did not have this problem, let me know if you want me to send you map and log. 

Thanks Adam

Capture.PNG

29 minutes ago, Electredge said:

thnx Vaughan, never even noticed that.... but I'm usually quickly jumping to ecu logging setup *¯\_(ツ)_/¯ *   was this done to help speed up logging on certain laptops? or faster logging speed? 

It's always been there, typically we have it setup so that new installs will be logging all the new runtimes so most people never need to touch it

But yeah if you log less you can log for longer with less load on the computer