Moving ECU hold power

sbn1979

trying to free up injector drive 5678 for extra 4 injectors, moving ecu hold power from injector drive 8 to ignition drive 3, pin swapped pin 38 main relay into pin 22 ac, were on the money with wiring but doesnt work, can ignition drive 3 not be used as ecu hold power? even though we can select it? evo 7 4 plug btw

running dbw on expansions so limited options

thanks

Inj 8 has all the main relay control hardware connected to it and linked to pin 38, the control hardware also has input from DI1/Pin 82.  So Inj 8 is not usable for anything but hold power in the as supplied configuration.   You can contact tech support to ask if it may be possible to modify the board by cutting some tracks and adding in wire links to swap Inj 8 with Ign 3 but Im not sure how possible that is or if they would be prepared to do it.  I dont even know if the existing PCB tracks are designed big enough for an injector etc.  

49 minutes ago, koracing said:

It should be possible to run secondary injectors in batch using only drivers 5 and 6, correct?

G4X yes, G4+ didn't have sequential/group mode.

That being said playing silly games with the sec/pri ratio or number of injectors wired to inj 5&6 and not caring about injection timing you could make it work. it would still reserve inj 7&8 though meaning you couldn't use them for anything else.

Alternatively group staged mode with inj drive 1&3 to primary's and inj drive 2&4 to secondary's

Thanks for the input gents very much appreciated, I thought this would be the case and was very optimistic about what I could fit on. I think maybe going to a wire in ecu here as I’m requiring dbw, 8 injectors, sequential ignition, flex fuel, oil pressure, oil temp. So that alone I’ll need 2 extra ign channels as well…