Can the Plug-In ECU be used in other vehicles?

BaekLyn

it's literally. Can the Plug-In ECU be used in other vehicles?

I have a Plug-In ECU dedicated to Supra.
I want to connect this Plug-In ECU to my own RX7.
Can a Plug-In ECU for Supra be used for RX7 with just wiring modifications?

Answers I'll wait.

Thank you.

Pretty much, yes, you can use it on different vehicles - you'll need to rewire to suit.

That said, some plug-in boards do have some vehicle specific hardware or configurations - for example, the Evo 1-3 has the ECU Hold Power connected to DI1 and Ign4 - so these can't be used for any other purposes, meaning this particular ECU is limited to 3 ignition outputs.

10 hours ago, Confused said:

Pretty much, yes, you can use it on different vehicles - you'll need to rewire to suit.

That said, some plug-in boards do have some vehicle specific hardware or configurations - for example, the Evo 1-3 has the ECU Hold Power connected to DI1 and Ign4 - so these can't be used for any other purposes, meaning this particular ECU is limited to 3 ignition outputs.

oh really? This is the very awaited answer.

Thank you very much.

On the Supra ECU Inj 8 output and DI2 input have extra hardware attached so cant be used for their normal functions, but everything else is ok.  

Another option you may want to consider is what we call a "bottom board swap", you can return the ecu to link, we will remove the supra board and replace with an RX7 board.  You will have to contact tech support for a cost on that as im a bit out of date on that but it is usually very cost effective - about $300NZD.  Lots less work than rewiring the car.  

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/9/2022 at 5:26 PM, Adamw said:

On the Supra ECU Inj 8 output and DI2 input have extra hardware attached so cant be used for their normal functions, but everything else is ok.  

Another option you may want to consider is what we call a "bottom board swap", you can return the ecu to link, we will remove the supra board and replace with an RX7 board.  You will have to contact tech support for a cost on that as im a bit out of date on that but it is usually very cost effective - about $300NZD.  Lots less work than rewiring the car.  

oh really?

How can it be done?
Or do you have any data?