Evo DBW

Turbo.Tim

Hello, 

I have a 2003 Evo 8 with Link ECU g4+ with DBW.  I am going to convert the car to DBW and just need some clarification on the wiring.  I have already used Volt 10 for my AFR gauge so I am assuming i will have to move that somewhere?  Or is there a spare wire somewhere that I can use?  I used to have my wideband in the rear o2 with on open source but it does not look to be available.

From the diagram I saw in the help file it looks like you recommend just using a chassis ground?  Why would I not just wire it into the ECU ground?  I assume the power will just get spiced together for the TB and Pedal?

So using the lume provided I assume I would wire it like this?

Ground

? or chassis?

Green

+5V

Power

Red

Aux 9

E-Throttle +

Grey

Aux 10

E-Throttle -

Brown

Volt 6

TPS main

White

Volt 7

TPS Sub

Blue

Volt 9

FPS MAIN

Yellow

Volt 10

Currently AFR

Orange

I have an Evo x pedal and a Bosch 74 mm TB.

You've already got AN Volt 3 and 5V and ground at the existing (cable) TPS sensor, So just run the Aux9/10 and say AN Volt 6 to the throttle for the DBW.  

Then for the pedal you can use 5V, Sensor ground, An volt 7 & An volt 9 from the expansion loom.  

4 & 6 are the TPS signals, these need to go to 2 separate AN volt inputs.  

On 6/13/2022 at 9:15 AM, Adamw said:

You've already got AN Volt 3 and 5V and ground at the existing (cable) TPS sensor, So just run the Aux9/10 and say AN Volt 6 to the throttle for the DBW.  

Adam,

I have wired it all up using the provided e-throttle lume and removed the AFR guage to keep it consistent for now. 

I am confused on this part:
E-Throttle Relay - Ground side of a isolating relay that disconnects power to the Aux 9/10 power supply pin - Connect to any available Auxiliary Output, Aux -Ign or Aux -Inj channel. Do not assign this to a Virtual Aux channel.

Also I can not find Aux 10.

image.png.4bcd69fdfbafe692e804379b7d54ef05.png

image.thumb.png.678f8463f8e92bb87bb5815dee837682.png

On a Plug-in, Aux 4/9 in software are mapped to Aux 9/10 hardware outputs when configured for E-Throttle mode.

I *think* you can also get away with using a Virtual Aux for the E-Throttle Relay, as the power to the E-Throttle drivers is "hardwired", but I'm sure Adam or Vaughan can confirm if you can't find the details in the manual.

E-throttle power is done internally on the evo plug-in so you dont need to wire a physical relay, you just need to assign an unused aux to E-throttle relay 1.  I would suggest Aux 16 since you cant use it for anything else.  

Assign aux 4 to "E-throttle signal 1" and Aux 9 to "E-throttle signal 2".

Thank you.  I Have the Throttle body installed and its working proper. I was able to calibrate it successfully

I ran into an interesting problem with the pedal.

On the actual plug they have white/green as Pin 6 and Black/yellow as pin 1.  So it says 6-1 from left to right on the plug but the service manual has them labelled in the opposite direction.  

image.thumb.png.b33d2fcfad1269bde8b3827e4398e734.png

From the service manual.  Am i reading it wrong?  Or is it somehow stamped wrong on the plug?

image.thumb.png.5af3422de9bb103267d27aafde91f16c.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just jumping in on this thread, just wondering if anyone else has come across this before with a dbw set up and what it’s indicating that I’ve done wrong:

note ; an3 has been changed back to off. Still get the same error message

BBE5ECDD-0171-43D7-92A5-30897146E27A.thumb.jpeg.63769e1cc75386d3f0b003d785783e84.jpeg

No log attached but I see a couple of setup issues you should correct first.

Error High/Low are set up back to front on the analog inputs for AN Volt 7, 9 & 10.  Set them like thios:

ApI0kh4.png

E-throttle max clamp - change this to say 90%.

DjrDywv.png

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

No log attached but I see a couple of setup issues you should correct first.

Error High/Low are set up back to front on the analog inputs for AN Volt 7, 9 & 10.  Set them like thios:

ApI0kh4.png

E-throttle max clamp - change this to say 90%.

DjrDywv.png

Thanks mate, I'll make the changes