Link NTC1-8 temperature sensor problem

Vitaakas

I have Link G4+ ECU and installed Link NTC1-8 temperature sensor in my Mitsubishi GTO.
But the ECT reading is incorrect. When the car is cold, it looks fine. It goes up to around 70C and then drops to 50-55C and stay the same value...
In ECT calibration section I have selected Link NTC1-8 sensor, also tried all different options. Non is showing correct temperature.

Please, help! :)

Untitled.png

Your software setup looks correct.  This is what I do when I have a doubt about a temp sensor:

1. Remove senor from engine, plug back into harness.
  2. Connect laptop.
  3. Take a kettle of freshly boiled water out to the car and drop the senor in.  It should read somewhere around 90deg C.

I have used 3 different sensors and they are all working (tested, ohms are changing).

Picture ETC1: sensor in engine. Temperature was rising to around 65C and then suddenly dropped to 52C...

Picture ETC2: sensor in kettle. The same situation. Temperature was rising to around 70C and then suddenly dropped to 54C...

Any other options?

ECT1.png

ECT2.png

Sounds like possibly a bad ground or something and there is current passing though the temp sensor ground when some other device turns on. 

Can you rig it up with some temporary wiring or jumper leads etc direct to ecu, bypassing original wiring.   

No it is not good. There is always big drop down at some point (70-80C) and it drops to 50-60C as you can see in the picture. And then temperature is not changing... Also, I have tested with tester the voltage. It is going down stable, so the sensor is definitely is good.

I have marked yellow. At that time sensor always was in the kettle.

Please, help. Why at 70-80C drops down to 50-60C and freeze... :(

444.png

Oh.. I assumed this was the time when you pulled the sensor out but seems you never did. 

I'd check wiring.. loose connectors ? 

Check ground... run a test with separate leads to the ECU. 

One more thing.. can you post a pic of your ECT sensor ?

On 7/13/2022 at 10:41 PM, Adamw said:

Sounds like possibly a bad ground or something and there is current passing though the temp sensor ground when some other device turns on. 

Can you rig it up with some temporary wiring or jumper leads etc direct to ecu, bypassing original wiring.   

Did you try this yet?

Tried two different sensors.
Connected direct wires from ECT sensor to ECU.
Check this video: https://youtu.be/crHMYPVcUB8
Voltage is changing stable on ECU and my Voltmeter, but ECT is not updating...
In the video (3sec) ECT updating 2.6V - 47C. Still, all is OK.
But in 27sec 1.7V should be about 95C and it showing just 67C... ECT is not updating anymore.

Have you tried disconnecting everything from the ECU other than main power, main ground, your An Temp input and sensor ground? Remove all other possibilities from the equation.

If that's all good, then start adding back things one at a time, and you'll probably find a fault with something else.