Subaru WRX6X Expansion 2 question

kayzarh

Hi Adam,

I am currently in the process of making a loom to connect up some new sensors to my Wrx6x ECU. 

I have included screenshots of how I've laid the wires,

I have 5v connecting from the expansion 2 to all sensors apart from the IAT sensor and flex fuel sensor

I have GND on Expansion connected to all sensors. 

I have DI 5 connecting to flex fuel

I have a Bosch combined with 1 output (fuel pressure) going to AN Volt 5

I have IAT connecting to AN Temp 2

I have a Bosch pstf1 2 output (oil pressure and temp connecting to AN Temp 1 and AN Volt 6

I have used 20AWG wire to make the above.  

From my understanding the above should work, please can you give it a once over to make sure I've got it right?

(I've included a drawing to try and illustrate the above to you)

Thanks 

Screenshot_2022-09-09-04-11-12-558_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg

1662734961175217614956020320674.jpg

A little off-topic, I may have to remake my loom due to poor choice of wire. (20awg China wire which was supposed to be tinned copper but seems to be aluminium) my question is, does the link IAT sensor Deutsch connecto use DTM style pins, if so, what pin size does it take?

Yes DTM pins and connectors - size "20".  There are a few sizes of these pins for different wire gauges and crimper type, but the size that mates in the connector to the sensor is all the same DTM size 20 male or female pin.  The sensor will have male pins in a receptacle and the loom side should have female pins in a plug housing.

2 hours ago, koracing said:

Yes DTM pins and connectors - size "20".  There are a few sizes of these pins for different wire gauges and crimper type, but the size that mates in the connector to the sensor is all the same DTM size 20 male or female pin.  The sensor will have male pins in a receptacle and the loom side should have female pins in a plug housing.

Thanks!