G4X Xtreme E-Throttle APS Noise

VtrSp1

@Adamw

I'm tuning a G4X Xtreme with E-Throttle on a very stiff passenger car. When riding on a bumpy road, my foot on the accelerator pedal moves slightly and this triggers an annoying wobble of the engine. Is it possible to filter the APS signal to reduce the initial oscillation so as not to trigger the important oscillation of the motor?

image.thumb.png.e8fe581b4f58ccb27d142eb72f39ba33.png

There is no time scale shown in your picture so Im not sure if filtering would help.  Im pretty sure you could add filtering with a math channel (I havent tested), but that looks like a relatively slow oscillation, so you would need a long filter which would tend to make it feel very unresponsive - especially where you want fast movement such as during a gear shift.  

On race cars where I have this sensitivity problem I usually put Speed Vs AP on the DBW target table, then you have a less aggressive curve at low speeds, and at higher speeds when the ride smooths out you can make the throttle translation more aggressive.  

Example:

ddakpkK.png