MR2 3S-GTE TST205X v3: Different Ground Signals

Atroxx3SGTE

Hi, im confused about the different ground signals on the ECU PinOut:

PIN 1 / 14     : Ground

PIN 23          : Ground (G-)

PIN 26 / 46  : Ground (Signal)

EXT.PIN 1     Ground (Signal)

what is the difference ? If i measure it out, it seems to be connected internaly ?? is this right ?         

TST205X GND.PNG

PIN 1 / 14     : Ground --- Power Ground

PIN 23          : Ground (G-) -- distributor signal (NE & G1) ground (internally connected with sensor grounds as well)

PIN 26 / 46  : Ground (Signal) -- sensor ground

EXT.PIN 1     Ground (Signal) -- sensor ground

PIN 61          : nc (+12V constant) -- for volatile memory retention of stock ECU (stored diagnostics error codes, idle base position, etc.), no use with Link plug-in that's why it is nc (not connected internally).

Thank you for the reply. But why is 1 & 14 called Power Ground and 26/46 Signal Groung, if its the same Potential, internal connected ?? I ask because i made a complete new wiring and splittet complete all signals from power sources ground to get cleaner signals.. And now i see, thats its not possible, because everything is bridged internal ? 

4 hours ago, Atroxx3SGTE said:

Thank you for the reply. But why is 1 & 14 called Power Ground and 26/46 Signal Groung, if its the same Potential, internal connected ?? I ask because i made a complete new wiring and splittet complete all signals from power sources ground to get cleaner signals.. And now i see, thats its not possible, because everything is bridged internal ? 

power ground would be engine block ground, signal ground is your sensor ground for items such as tps, map, iat , coolant temp etc... 

Very important: Only connect the power ground to engine block/cylinder head. Do not connect the signal ground to engine block/cylinder head/chassis ground. Sensor ground is only for sensor return (as already mentioned above). Although you can measure continuity from sensor ground to power ground, the sensor ground is actually isolated internally in order to minimize ground loop noise/interference that can cause sensor reading errors.

Hey and thanks for the explanation. That’s how I already did it. Was just wondering now, as I tested my build, that I have connection between PowerGround and SensorGround and figured out that in the ecu is the „bridge“. But than it seems to be ok like this. :)