2jzge vvti on alpha N base map

jrdnclrk

hello guys. I've gotten myself into a point where i think I'm chasing my own tail and i need some one with a bit more experience on building base maps. 

current set up is a 2jzge vvti, has itb's, stock non vvti injectors, stock ignition coils, monsoon running batch fire, wideband is an innovate lc1, ford two wire iac. stock cams. fuel and ignition maps are set to alpha N loads

the car seems to start under extended cranking and no throttle inputs. again im unsure of appropriate trigger offset and this could be my whole problem. unfortunately i have no assistance so cranking while using the timing light is not possible. 

if I could get someone to just double check my map and log to see what issues I may have that I'm unaware of I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: uploaded new map and log

Use 1JZ vvti trigger mode, offset should be close to zero with that but you need to confirm with a timing light.  

Since you have an idle valve, you will need Equation load source set to MAP and the MAP sensor connected to the same manifold so that the ecu can compensate for the varying air volume passing through the idle valve.  

Turn off CLL until fuel table is tuned.

Turn on Async injection with min async PW = 1.0ms.  And put something like 5 in your accel sens table.  

Assuming it is NA, change your lambda target table so that 0.87 is the smallest value in there (WOT).  I normally have around 095 at idle, 0.9 at 40% TP and 0.87 at WOT. 

For your ign table copy your 60%TP row down to the 100% row, even then it will be on the conservative side.

Also, not related to your running problem, but I would suggest taking a whole lot of rows out of your fuel and ign tables, you are only creating a lot of tuning work by having so many.  For ITB's I usually do TP 0%,2,5,8,11,15,20,30,40,60,100.  Only add extra cells if there is found to be some area that is not taken care of by linear interpolation during tuning.  

On 9/12/2022 at 11:12 PM, Adamw said:

I dont believe your wideband, that shows it is running with a lambda of 0.55, I doubt an engine would even run at that.  Have the ITB's been synced?

BTW, your map is not attached, that is a short cut or something else.  

ok map is plumbed in and calibrated. ive got the car starting and running but the idle is all over the place.

i was previously having fuel pump issues. This is300 has a few gremlins that needed to be addressed. so the open circuit relay and the fuel pump relay are doing their job now..  that may have been the source of the wideband issue but im not going to say its not possibly faulty.

12 minutes ago, essb00 said:

Idle oscillates as it touches above & below the MAP lockout value. It does not seem right that the MAP value is that high and having too much fluctuations. Where is the MAP sensor plumbed to?

I have all the runners tapped and hoses ran to a vacuum block. The map signal is also ran to the block. The iac and brake booster is also ran there. 

Go to >analog inputs>MAP and increase to filter to medium.  Go to >Idle speed control>idle speed control setup and change the MAP lockout to 100Kpa.  

The main problem is the idle speed is too high so the RPM is about the overrun fuel cut deactivation, so overrun fuel cut is bouncing on and off.  The idle valve is only at 34% and the idle RPM is at least 2300 so im not sure if you will get the idle speed down to target just by adjusting the idle base position.  I suspect you are going to have to adjust the throttle stop a little more closed assuming it still has some adjustment.  

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

Go to >analog inputs>MAP and increase to filter to medium.  Go to >Idle speed control>idle speed control setup and change the MAP lockout to 100Kpa.  

The main problem is the idle speed is too high so the RPM is about the overrun fuel cut deactivation, so overrun fuel cut is bouncing on and off.  The idle valve is only at 34% and the idle RPM is at least 2300 so im not sure if you will get the idle speed down to target just by adjusting the idle base position.  I suspect you are going to have to adjust the throttle stop a little more closed assuming it still has some adjustment.  

I’ll adjust when I get back to the car. My throttle stops are pretty well closed but I’ll have to double check I haven’t rattled some linkages loose. I may also perform a smoke test to see if I have any excessive vacuum leaks. Between the map and throttles. 

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i ditched the IAC solenoid. it was causing a bit of too much air to get in at all times. adjusted my ignition idle control to get a smoother idle. im still sitting at about 1000rpm and it seems to be pretty happy there. i do have an occasional pop and backfire causing the rpms to go up and stay. asside from that i think its ready to street tune for the fuel map. swapping out media up top for new map and log

• 2 months later...

small update for those wanting a decent tune using stock injectors and itb's on a vvti 2jzge  car seems to start and run decent with these settings. I've only done street tuning on this so no power figures.

thank you for all the help. i couldnt have done any of this without this forum!

• 1 year later...

Hello again guys. I've been daily driving on this set up for about a year now and finally went to different injectors due to a injector failure. ive updated the fuel map for vq35hr injectors. Does anyone happen to know the dead times for these? Also on a side note I got the vvti working correctly. i had previously had the load axis for the vvti set on MAP signal. switched to TPS and works amazing. 

2jzge vvti itb DD tune.pclx