RX7 20psi - Afrs too rich even after removing fuel

Copyninja

Gentlemen,

Quick question as trying to understand if higher heat will cause the AFR's to get stupid rich or if there is a choke point in my current setup which is not able to flow the hot air out the exhaust side?

I am trying to tune my rx7 to 20psi and hopefully 25psi if i can figure out some issues im having with the 20psi pulls. 

At 5krpm my afr's seem to be on point but from 6k - 7k rpm they seem to get mega rich.

image.thumb.png.84e2a10e85917d40ba2c748c4fb37cef.png

I have removed fuel in the main fuel table using the quick fuel trim to bring this back in line with my target. However, it still reads rich even after the corrections have been made and saved.

image.png.6d350e7ab078a8a4c6de031a1fd559e8.png

The question now becomes do i risk removing even more fuel? or is there another factor like AIT's being too hot or the turbo not being able to flow enough from the hotside due to a 3" downpipe. In summary, even after removing 10% fuel the afr's seem to remain where they are which is strange. 

image.thumb.png.97bf67d747542dca9cb9907155d25dc9.png

Any insight appreciated. 

Hi.

Your Min Effective Pulse Width is 0.0000..  Check your injector data sheet for that...

2nd... your accel enrich is kicking in at ~100% tps...  so lower your accel clamp table at high rpms.. 

oh.. question.. you have a water/meth injection ?? since your map name is meth... ??

There is no injector data for oem 850cc injectors so thats been left blank as even link dont have that data. 

Figured it out the reason for the richness were fouled plugs causing ignition break up top end causing afrs to go mega rich.

New plugs and tested the ignition system and everything is now back to normal! 

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes running water/meth 50/50. 

In normal 4 stroke engines a misfire tends to show up as a lean condition - showing rich with misfire seems strange, but I've never tuned a rotary.  I was going to say that most widebands aren't very linear as you approach 10.0 and lower AFR values so sometimes adjusting with a tool like quick trim at values that rich aren't going to work quite right.

Deffo, i was doing that but the plugs got dead and started getting breakup even when i disconnected the meth injection. 

3 minutes ago, koracing said:

In normal 4 stroke engines a misfire tends to show up as a lean condition - showing rich with misfire seems strange, but I've never tuned a rotary.  I was going to say that most widebands aren't very linear as you approach 10.0 and lower AFR values so sometimes adjusting with a tool like quick trim at values that rich aren't going to work quite right.

I wasnt sure what ignition break up looked like tbh as this is the first time i've experienced it tuning my rx7/13b engine. However, in my case as you can see it was def stupid rich when i got breakup. Never leaned out on the misfire. Spoke to my engine builder and he was like your ignition coils are gone. Thus me putting in new plugs and testing again. All good now!