Subaru v4 sti - First start not working :/ help

Yash

Hello Guys, 

installed the G4X and followed the instructions except when choosing the map sensor - When choosing the Subaru V1-V6 it would not calibrate but when I choose Subaru v7 then it calibrates. Any idea why? 

When i try to start, car would crank but no start. 

Car is a stock v4 engine. 

Attached is the map and log. 

Grateful if someone can have a look 

Yash V4 Subaru.pclx PC Datalog - 2022-09-16 10;28;19 pm.llgx

The ecu is not happy about the trigger signal.  Can you please do a trigger scope while cranking and attach that here.

To do the trigger scope go to >ecu controls>trigger scope, get the engine cranking and then click the capture button while it is cranking, keep it cranking for a couple of seconds after clicking capture.  Then hit the save button on the scope screen to save the scope file.  

Your MAP sensor definitely is not outputting the correct voltage for the early GC8 sensor.  Since it is now reading correct at atmosphere the V7-8 calibration is most likely correct for the sensor you have.  Does it have a part number visible?  

Hello 

Thank you so much for the reply. 

I think I did not have he correct Dip switch settings on the ECU board since my wiring is UK. 

So can changed it but still not start but reading was different. 

Attached is a a data log and the trigger log. 

A little background on the car: 

The car is not a daily driver, last time I started the car was 3 months ago, it started and ran fine.

I had the ESL Ecu on the car which I sold then got the G4X. So the car sat for about 3 month. 

thank you for the support

TriggerScopeLogdip2good.llgx PC Datalog - 2022-09-17 4;30;53 pm gooddip2.llgx

Yeah ok trigger looks ok now.  

Your most recent log suggests the engine should have everything it needs to run.  Do your injectors click if you use the injector test function?  Do you have a spark out of the coil if you use the ignition test function?  Do you hear the fuel pump run at key on?  

Hi, sorry for getting back late. 

1. Spark - I did not know there was an ignition test function so i did check for spark when cranking the engine and there is spark

If there is spark so I guess the Cam shaft sensor is good but does the trigger give you information about the Crankshaft sensor? 

2. Injectors test - When i open the injector test window - I select injector 1, do i need to do anything else? I did not hear anything - Injectors are still in the engine, do I need to take them out? 

3. On the fuel main tab - Injection mode - when i switch this to on or off then i hear a loud click - I guess this is the relay - Its currently set to sequential, is this correct? 

4. When i turn the key to ACC - I can hear the pump priming to about 1 or 2 seconds 

5. I checked for fuel before and after the fuel filter and there is fuel. 

6. Fuel pressure - Is there a way to read the fuel pressure with the engine fuel pressure sensor or I need to add an additional one?  

Thank you for the support. 

7 hours ago, Yash said:

Injectors test - When i open the injector test window - I select injector 1, do i need to do anything else? I did not hear anything - Injectors are still in the engine, do I need to take them out? 

After you select Injector 1 you then need to hit the ok button at the bottom (selection window will close), you should hear the injector tick. tick. tick (10 x per second) the whole time this test is on.  If you dont hear ticking then your injectors are probably stuck (common if its been sitting around a while). 

7 hours ago, Yash said:

Its currently set to sequential, is this correct? 

Yes, should be on sequential. 

7 hours ago, Yash said:

Spark - I did not know there was an ignition test function so i did check for spark when cranking the engine and there is spark

If there is spark so I guess the Cam shaft sensor is good but does the trigger give you information about the Crankshaft sensor? 

If you have checked there is a spark when cranking then trigger etc is fine.

7 hours ago, Yash said:

Fuel pressure - Is there a way to read the fuel pressure with the engine fuel pressure sensor or I need to add an additional one?  

There is no factory fuel press sensor, you would need to add a gauge or sensor.  A quick test to confirm if there is a fuel issue is to spray some starter fluid into the manifold before cranking, if it then tries to fire or shows signs of life with that, then that suggests you have a fuel problem.  You can often spray it into the brake booster hose fitting or something like that so you dont need to pull any pipe work off.