Having Trouble Starting my SR20DET

Kenneth Yu

Just trying to get it running to get to a tuner.

IDS 1050x, DIYAutoTune 24-2 trigger wheel and R35 coils.

I think I should do 7ms master fuel, but anything else? I think I entered 24-2 opti trigger correctly, not sure on the dwell of the r35 coils or settings.

Nissan S14-15 G4X Xtreme Plugin_KenV6.pclx

Just to confirm is this the trigger wheel you have? https://www.diyautotune.com/product/50-mm-optical-trigger-wheel-for-nissan-sr20det-or-ka24de/

Your trigger scope doesn't line up with what I would expect to see from that disc at all, how have you set the trigger swap dip switches on the bottom board?

You will need to swap the trigger 1 and trigger 2 wires as the "crank signal" is currently on trig 2.  The other sensor that is currently connected to trig 1 is not giving to correct single tooth waveform but lets see a scope again after you have swapped the wires.  

SO you now have the correct pattern on trigger 1 (12-1).  But your trigger 2 is behaving odd, it should only show a single slot once per rev but it is showing it is a pattern more like trig 1 in some areas.

It is almost like this disc is the incorrect one for your CAS so the windows dont line up with the sensor or something?  Possibly you have an RB disk or something?

@Adamw So I went back to the original disc now and swap the wires back to factory wiring. Can you take a look at a few things?

My master fuel is back at 6ms with 1050x cc's. based pressure should be 36.5psi

But my trigger scope still looks weird?TriggerScopeLog2022-10-19.llgxPC Datalog - 2022-10-19 3;24;50 pm.llgx

Yeah you need to check timing with a timing light.  Since the gear driven SR20 CAS can be installed in any orientation and most people dont bother pulling the cam cover off to line up the marks when fitting, the offset is highly variable.  

If the CAS has been installed as per the factory manual with the marks lined up etc, then the offset will possibly be somewhere around -100 I think.   

On 10/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, koracing said:

Congrats!! The support from Link on this forum is top notch.  I can't believe people are still buying Power FC's new....

I agree man.... LIke you can never idle big injectors and huge cams like a regular stock motor on a PFC no matter how you fuss with it. Especially if you are on a map sensor, its rediculous.